• Locate the “New to Twitter?” box and enter your full name, email, and desired password. Click “Sign Up For Twitter.”
• You will be taken to a new screen where you may choose a Twitter username. Twitter will offer you an initial available username, but you may alter that user name and Twitter will tell you if it is available. When you have found the username you like, click "Create My Account."
1. Check your email account for a confirmation email from Twitter. Click on the link in the email to begin using Twitter.
• To follow the AP Annual Conference official Twitter feed, go back to Twitter.com and type "AP_Conf" in the search box in the upper right.
• When your search results appear, click on the AP Annual Conference Logo and click the "Follow" button.
• When tweeting about the AP Annual Conference, you should use #AP_Conf. The "#" symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark a keyword or topic in a tweet. To tweet with #AP_Conf, locate the "Compose a Tweet" box on the left-hand side of the screen and click inside of it.
• The tweet box will expand and you can begin composing your tweet. When you talk about AP Annual Conference, type "#AP_Conf" at the end of your tweet or in lieu of the conference title. Click "Tweet" when youre done.
How to Sign Up forTwitter on Your Mobile Phone
Please Note: Twitter is available as adownloadable app on all smart phones. If youhave a smart phone, search the applicationstore for Twitter and download the app.
1. On your mobile device browser, go to: http://www.twitter.com .