20151028_Woensdag\Creating Stunning, Mobile-First User Interfaces with Oracle Data Visualizations [CON8185]
AMIS Oracle OpenWorld 2015 Review – part 4- PaaS Application Development, JavaOne, Mobile, Collaboration and SaaS and User Experience
Twitter Tag: #oow_amis
12th November 2015
Review Oracle OpenWorld 2015
Development Tools & Frameworks
Highlights @ OpenWorld
• RDK – Rapid Development Kit
• Alta UI
• Oracle ADF 12.2.1
• Oracle JET - Available
• DVT - Data Visualization Tool
• Forms & APEX
• Oracle Application Builder Cloud Service – Coming Soon
– Empower business users to build apps
RDK- Rapid Development Kit
Rapid Development Kit Release 10
• COMING SOON: What's the RDK, and why do I need it?
– Designing and coding a simplified UI for the Oracle Applications Cloud.
– easy-to-use RDK wireframing stencils
– ADF-based code templates
Design pattern ebook
Design patterns that Oracle uses to build user
interface for the Oracle Cloud Applications portfolio,
such as the Oracle ERP, HCM, Sales Cloud
Driving design theme: “Glance, scan, commit”
Content in context
Collaboration - way of doing things that works best across user roles and tasks
A modern mobile & browser application design system
It is NOT “Jumpstart Enterprise Toolkit”
Helper scripts to simplify the use of Jumpstart
for the installation of Solaris 10 and below on
both SPARC and x86 servers.
“Make it as simple and efficient as possible
to build applications that consume and
interact with Oracle products and services,
specifically Oracle Cloud Services”.
The JET release pace higher compared to other products - every two months
Planning to open source JET ‘soonish’!
New components will be JET-first and
later find their way to MAF and ADF.
Forms 12c is supported on WebLogic 12c
• Oracle Forms 11gR2 (18.104.22.168) is currently entitled to Premier Support until
• Offers support for Java Web Start(1).
Note that more and more browser stop supporting the NPAPI-Plugin(2).
• CustomColorScheme allows you to assemble your own set of colors
(1) Java Web Start is included in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) since release of Java 5.0
(2) Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface (NPAPI)
A new rich, client-side region type that allows editing multiple rows of data in a dynamic,
JSON-enabled grid, and supports multiple grids on a single page.
Master / Detail / Detail
Wizard interface to define declarative master/detail/detail regions.
New Charting Engine
Rationalization and simplification of the numerous wizards for creating pages and
regions, which will have fewer steps and more attributes set by default.
Declarative RTL Support
Provide declarative methods to control user interface direction, in support of properly
rendering Universal Theme-based applications in both Left-to-Right and Right-To-Left
Application Builder CS
Supports declarative configuration of web applications through a browser-
based development experience against data objects defined during
application development or against pre-existing rest services.
Out-of-the-box support for Alta and Fusion UI skins.
Run applications in a browser in the cloud environment or on premises.
The application can be exported from the application builder cloud service
as a Oracle JET application. This application can be further refined by
Main Use case for the ABCS is the enrichment of the Oracle SaaS
applications. It allows for a very quick time-to-market of applications that are
simpler and probably more personalized.
• When Java was first designed –
CPU architectures were very different from today
– For example: a memory fetch was about as expensive as a calculation operation;
today, memory fetches can be > 100 times as expensive
• Project Valhalla looks to improve the JVM to leverage current hardware
– Value Class – bring Java
data structures and
primitives closer together
Java ME Embedded –
The intelligent edge of the IoT
• Mobile Application Accelerator (MAX) – Coming Soon
– Business User Friendly Mobile App Composition in the Cloud
– Browser-based Development
– No Coding Required
– Easily Map to Business Services
– Now MAF, later JET
– To be combined with AB
• Mobile Cloud Service Momentum
– Rapid Global Adoption - 21 Customers
– Growing Partner Eco System
• Samsung, AuraPlayer, Xamarin, Sencha, Syniverse, AirWatch
There are already companies that have ‘best practices’ for:
• Handling changes in on-premise vs cloud operating models
• Data migration, integration
• Implementation approach
The implementation services world is changing rapidly as
more companies choose to go to cloud deployments.
This requires a different class of provider, one which is
nimble, focused and cost conscious
in a way that is highly differentiated from the legacy providers.
Changes for us middleware people?
House of 2 speeds:
Traditional on-premise integration
Integration in/with Cloud & Mobile