• Forgive mistakes and assume the best of intentions.
Allow your team to have the RIGHT to be wrong.
• Give directions to fix mistakes, instead of asking
who did it! Turn a mistake into a learning experience
• Reward in times of stress
• Build trust: show that you care about and
understand their personal goals and help
• Get to know your team especially a new team
• Make sure they know their role
• Be approachable
• Respect an individual's private life
• Strive to help others balance work with personal life
• Say thanks!
• Recognise when the team succeeds
• Let LC know your team achievement
• Recognise in front of the team but don’t
• Show your appreciation before they
finish the task
• Recognise not only success but also effort
• Rewards must be sincere
• Let them know how much you believe in
them and why they are special
• Fuel their motivation with yours
• Enthusiasm is contagious!
• Motivation has not endless suplies!
• Maintain a balance in your life
• Believe in your vision-purpose
• Remember that you are human and that you
will learn through making mistakes.
What is Delegation?
When you give and
show someone else how
to do something
The Process of
Delegation is making
YOUR job, THEIR job
Why is delegation important?
Delegation allows you to make the best use of
your time and skills and it helps other people in
the team grow and develop to reach their full
potential in the organization.
Why we don’t delegate?
• Don’t trust the person
• Think you can do a better job
• Can't be bothered explaining task,
• I can do it quicker better attitude
• Power hungry
What and when you should
• Make sure that you know what you want that
person to do.
• If you think someone else in your team is better,
then give it to them
• If it is a job which will develop a person and help
them in the long run
Do not delegate if..
The tasks and skill level is well beyond the
experience of the project
if it is something that you would not do
• Date to be completed (deadline)
• Standard and quality required
• Choose the right people:
• Seek feedback and questions
• Compliment the member on their previous
• Transmit your confidence in them for future tasks
• Transmit task definition and expectations
o How and how much they should report on the progress
o To whom are they accountable
Some important things to think
• Will they enjoy the task?
• Will they learn something new?
• Is it challenging? How much?
• Have you got the time to show them how to
• Do you know what they expect of you?
• You must know what you expect ,
• Keep the communication lines open and constant
• Facilitate, but don't dominate
• Reward performance
• Make sure that you are there if they need any help, if
things aren't getting done, finding out why and do
something about it
• Be a good listener
• Share with them
• Leading by example
• Allow their creativity
Make sure they are not doing what YOU want to
do; but THEY want to do!