• Generally, once you get past 12 months, parts
of the contact information are incorrect. There
could be a different extension, change in title,
or even a departure from the company.
• Then, the list is no longer worth the amount
you paid for it.
• Though the rental may be cheaper, the
response rate will generally be lower.
• At AG, we’ve seen a difference in response
rate of 2% for rented lists and 5% for
• If you don’t own the name, there’s no reason
to invest your dollars.
Get a sample list of names
before you purchase a full list.
• You should be allowed to test the vendor in
order to get a feel for the list’s quality.
• Companies typically offer a sample of 25
names to test out based on your specific list
criteria; jump on that.
• A decent list will not be cheap, but you should
be able to test its accuracy.
Make sure the vendor allows for
the option of reimbursement.
• The best vendors will pay you back for a
bounced email or a disconnected line.
• In fact, they appreciate you telling them
because their database will be updated to the
most accurate and up-to-date contact
• Both you and the customer will be happy with
• In order to get a dream account list together,
there needs to be some manual input.
• Generally a list will get you 60-70% of the way,
but then you or your team need to pick up the
phone to track down additional prospects.
• This will put your teleprospectors in the best
position to find fully qualified leads.
Adapted from this blog post by Craig Ferrara. Thanks for reading.
Click the buttons below for more tips about sales prospecting!