Be the first to like this
ARC's Bob Mick Presentation on Using Server Virtualization In Manufacturing Operations @ ARC Industry Forum 2009 in Orlando, FL.
Virtualization is not New. Why Now for Operations?
• Corporate IT experiences the value
• New capabilities enable a broader group of candidate applications
• Pilots in Manufacturing Operations have demonstrated value
• VMware – Very mature products
• Microsoft – Technology important to Operations
• Many other products and partnerships
Why not use Virtualization in Operations?
• Install a new set of servers with each new application?
• Legacy software value - Run legacy software on new hardware
• Replacement computers are many times faster – waste?
• Better management, Backup, Back-out, Reliability …
“Virtualization” Can Mean more than Virtual Servers
… Storage, Grid, Assets …