15999 dominion maintenance operator trainee brunswick county
Maintenance Operator Trainee– #15999
Location: Brunswick County Power Station, Freeman, Virginia
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 28,000
megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 63,100 miles of
electric transmission and distribution lines. Dominion operates the nation's largest natural gas storage system with 947 billion
cubic feet of storage capacity and serves nearly 6 million utility and retail energy customers in 15 states. Dominion has been
chosen to serve as a featured company for the Troops to Energy Jobs program (T2EJ) through the Center for Energy
Workforce Development (CEWD).
Dominion Generation is seeking qualified applicants for Maintenance Operator Trainee positions at Brunswick County Power
Station. The Brunswick County Power Station is a new gas fired combined cycle power station in Brunswick County, VA with
a net generating capacity of approximately 1,350 Megawatts. The Brunswick County site is located between Lawrenceville
and Emporia, Virginia on US 58. This facility is currently under construction and expected to begin commercial operations in
the summer of 2016, however we are looking to fill these positions within the next several months.
As a Maintenance Operator Trainee, you will be required to operate and maintain power station equipment.
1) Inspecting, operating and monitoring equipment used in the production of electricity;
2) Performing daily routine operations;
3) Isolating/tagging equipment for maintenance;
4) Valve operations;
5) Making entries into computer-based logbooks;
6) Performing maintenance on major industrial equipment such as pumps, turbines, and power station mechanical
7) Performing maintenance on batteries, motors, switchgear, motor operated valves, and other power station electrical
You will be placed in a 56-month standardized skills development program at the appropriate rate of pay based upon your
previous experience, qualifications, demonstrated skills and competencies. The starting pay rate is $17.94 per hour and
increases through each step in the 56-month development program, to an upper rate of $37.03 per hour.
Day shifts and rotating 12-hour shifts will be available. Successful candidates must be available to travel and train in
Richmond, Virginia for up to nine (9) week periods of time (after starting). A valid driver’s license is required.
This position #15999 does not provide paid relocation assistance, however reasonable interview expenses will be
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1) Candidates with Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline;
2) Journeyman craftsman experience;
3) Candidates who have power plant/power generation operational or maintenance experience
Education: Minimum of High School diploma or GED.
Other requirements and preferences are listed in the complete job description found on our website.
Apply Online: www.dom.com/careers (job #15999)
All applicants must apply online. Dominion is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.