According to the UN, sustainable development “meets the needs of the present without sacrificing the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
SUBMITTED TO :
PRESENTED BY : Guided By:
Jaypal Chavda Madhuri mam
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
“Pollution is the introduction of
contaminants into a natural environment that
causes instability, disorder, harm or discomfort
to the ecosystem i.e. physical systems or living
• There are several elements which cause the
• Nature causes air pollution enormously.
• Dust storms dirt and debris into the air.
• Natural forest fire cast a smoke over mountain
• “the population bomb”
• Probably biggest source of pollution.
• Estimated that worlds population is doubling
every 35 years.
• Every additional person adds pollution to
Land, Air, and water.
Standard of living
• Industrialization raise the standard of living.
• Increased standard of living acts as a source of
• As people consume more, their consumption
tends to be create more wastes.
• Higher the consumption greater the scope for
“The poor are the greater polluters.”
-indira gandhiJay Raval
• Forests are an essential part of environment.
• They check soil erosion, counter floods and landslides.
- for agriculture operation
- for cooking purpose
• We are loosing 1.3 million hectares of our forest
• Resulting to acid rain in more industrialized countries.
• Moving vehicle cause for Air And Noise
• Today there are more than 1.3 million
registered vehicles and about 1,20,000 are
• These vehicle emit more than 800 tonnes
noxious gases into atmosphere everyday.
• Noise pollution reached by vehicle at “ no
horn please” near hospital and school
• Every pollution links with industry.
• Factories are called “ smoke stacks”
• The thick smoke emanating from factory
chimney damage our surrounding.
• If your house located near factory, small
practice from it should be seen on your
window panes, garden plants, clothes and also
on drinking water.
The most polluted city in world
Vapi -Gujarat and Sukinda - Orrisa is among the
worlds top 10 most polluted places.
-Potentially affected people: 71,000
-Pollutants: Chemicals and heavy metals due to its Industrial
-Potentially affected people: 2,600,000.
-Pollutants: Hexavalent chromium due to its Chromite
Pollution is derived from Latin word "polluere" which
means to defile. Pollution is an undesirable change in the
physical, chemical or biological characteristics of our air, land and water
that can harmfully affect human life or that of other species, our
industrial processes, living conditions and cultural assets.
TYPES OF POLLUTION
Water pollution is the contamination of water bodies such as
lakes, rivers, oceans, and ground water caused by activities of people.
Water pollution can be harmful to organisms and plants whiteout adequate
treatment to remove harmful compounds.
Air pollution occurs when the air contains gases, dust, fumes or
odor in harmful amounts. That is, amounts which could be harmful to the
health or comfort of humans and animals or which could cause damage to
plants and materials.
Air is considered safe when it contains no harmful dust and gases.
Polluted air affects:
Effects of Air Pollution
Various respiratory illnesses
Air Pollution Control
Source reduction by process and raw
material changes ( e.g.. Improved furnace design and low fuel)
Recover valuable material
Bag filters, scrubbers, cyclone
80% of the air pollution load is
contributed by the transport sector
Land pollution is the demolition of Earth's land surfaces often caused
by human activities and their misuse of land resources Haphazard disposal of
urban and industrial wastes, exploitation of minerals, and improper use of soil by
inadequate agricultural practices are a few of the contributing factors.
Land Pollution Control
Integrated Solid Waste Management
Good agricultural practices
Remediation of polluted soils
Containment of hazardous waste and
waste water treatment using land
Noise pollution is defined as the unwanted sound which is
released into the environment. It disturbs the human being and cause an
adverse effect on the mental and psychological well being.
noise affects speech,
hearing, general health and behavior.
Noise Pollution Control
Control noise at source by proper choice
of equipment, design modification,
mounting and proper layout
Isolation or use of baffles
Use of ear protection devices
REGULATION IMPACT ON BUSINESS & INDUSTRY
1. Cessation of business
2. Increase in cost
3. Change of location
4. Agricultural area
5. Geographical factor
6. Favorable effect
Preface of green marketing
• In recent years the term green or eco
marketing have come to prominence and
reflect a growing concern at all levels of the
impact of the increased consumption on
• Domino’s have stopped packaging
their hamburgers etc in
polystyrene containers and now
use cardboards which comes from
a renewable resource and is
• Manufacturer’s being more accountable to
• Consumer’s awareness that their choice of
product do affect the environment as some
products are less damaging to environmental
Eco labeling leads to
STATUS FOR ECO-
1. Soaps and detergents
3. Food items
4. Lubricating oils
5. Packaging materials
6. Paints and powder coatings
8. Electrical / electronic goods
9. Food addition
• This is the 1st phase of technology cycle
Which a company has formal mechanism to
become aware of emerging technology
• To go from the awareness phase from
acquisition phase, the company technology
group ,in collaboration with the industrial
engineering group, would conduct technical
feasibility & economic feasibility studied
before justifying & acquiring new technology
• Virtually every enterprise ends up adapting
an acquire technology for its particular needs
• When capital is limited one can not
indiscriminately parches and abandon
technology with scare money
• it becomes imperative to improvise the
acquired technologies for ones home needs
• It is last phase of the technology is the most
• Bad timing in prenatally abandoning a
product could result in last lost revenue & on
the other hand waiting to long to abandon
might also result on in lost revenue because
customer may find better alternative in