Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
“…is an interaction between the
interviewer and the interviewee
where specific questions are asked
in order to assess the suitability of
the later for recruitment, admission,
or promotion, or for an opinion.”
• Promotion Interview:
oTo review the performance of the
oTo give them a raise in salary or a
oTo take into account the employee's
aspiration and inclination
• Annual Interview:
oTo confirm the achievements of the
employee in the Annual Report
oTo point out strength and weaknesses
of the employee
oTo motivate employees to put their
efforts in the correct direction
• Exit Interview:
oTo gauge the employee’s impression of
the organization when an employee
decides to leave the organization
oTo gain the employee’s feedback that
helps the organization to change and
grow in right direction
• Job Interview:
oThis is the most important type of
interview for a person who is in the
• S1 To do self-analysis; know your
strength & weaknesses
• S2 To find your relevance and
competence for the job you seek
• S3 To imagine the kinds of questions and
• S4 To discuss with a few employees of
the company regarding its work culture
• At the time of interview, give positive
clues to the interviewer:
o NEAT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
o CHEERFUL EXPRESSION
o PRESENCE OF MIND
o POSITIVE ATTITUDE
o CLEAR & CONFIDANT VOICE
• Tell us about yourself
• Why do you want to join us?
• What would you like to do in 5 years' time?
• Do you prefer working with others or alone?
• What are your biggest accomplishments?
• What are your favorite subjects?
• What are your hobbies?
No. Interview Aspects Evaluation
Excellent Good Poor
01 Basics of the Subject
02 Soft skill e.g. Communication
skills, Leadership qualities,
Social awareness, Motivation
03 Intellectual abilities
04 Capacity for hard & sustained