Name: Khan Firdaus
Std: M.Com 1styear
Topic: Save Enviroment
We Were Born to help the
World, Not to Destroy it, Then
Why we are Destroying the
What Is the Environment?
The environment is something you are very familiar with. It's
everything that makes up our surroundings and affects our
ability to live on the earth—the air we breathe, the water
that covers most of the earth's surface, the plants and
animals around us, and much more.
In recent years, scientists have been carefully examining the
ways that people affect the environment. They have found
that we are causing air pollution, deforestation, acid
rain, and other problems that are dangerous both to the
earth and to ourselves.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s
need, but not for man’s greed.
Environmental protection is influenced by three
Environmental Legislation, Ethics And
Education. Each of these factors plays its part in
influencing national-level environmental decisions
and personal-level environmental values and
behaviors. For environmental protection to become
a reality, it is important for societies to develop each
of these areas that, together, will inform and drive
Only when the last tree has died, the last
river has been poisoned and the last fish
has been caught, will we realize that we
cannot eat money?
• Pollution is the addition to the ecosystem of something which has a
detrimental effect on it. One of the most important causes of
pollution is the high rate of energy usage by modern, growing
• Different kinds of pollution are found. In this section we will
• Air Pollution.
• Water Pollution.
• Land Pollution.
• Air pollution is the accumulation in the atmosphere of substances
that, in sufficient concentrations, endanger human health or
produce other measured effects on living matter and other
materials. The six major types of pollutants are carbon
monoxide, hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxides, particulates, sulfur
dioxide, and photochemical oxidants.
• Exhaust Gases of Vehicles
• Control Measures
• the establishment of more smokeless zones;
• control over the kinds of fuel used in cars, Aeroplanes, power
• Water pollution is the introduction into fresh or ocean waters of
chemical, physical, or biological material that degrades the
quality of the water and affects the organisms living in it
• Examples of Water Pollution
• Industrial Effluents
• Mining and Agricultural Wastes
Sewage Disposal and Domestic Wastes
• Control Measures
• every intelligent people should be wise enough not to pollute
water in any way;
• by research and legislation the pollution of water bodies, even
though not entirely prevented, must be effectively controlled.
• Land pollution is the degradation of the Earth's land surface
through misuse of the soil by poor agricultural
practices, mineral exploitation, industrial waste dumping, and
indiscriminate disposal of urban wastes. It includes visible
waste and litter as well as pollution of the soil itself.
• Examples of Land Pollution
• Soil Pollution
• Waste Disposal
The following measures can be used to control land pollution:
• anti-litter campaigns can educate people against littering;
• organic waste can be dumped in places far from residential areas;
• inorganic materials such as metals, glass and plastic, but also
paper, can be reclaimed and recycled
How to help save the environment
• Run your air conditioner sparingly or not at all. Air
conditioners use a great deal of electricity.
• Don't use electronic exercise
• Bring your own paper or cloth bags to the supermarket
• Recycle all you can.
• Avoid using disposable items
• Donate or share rather
than sending them to usable
household items a landfill
Our suggestions to save our
Grow more trees
Recycle the wastage
Ban the polythene
Use renewable resources
How can I save my earth
I will conserve water
Use paper/jute bags instead of polythene
won’t use of vehicles for small distances
Dispose the solid waste properly
Re cycle and reuse the paper and plastic
Grow more trees
It will help us to make our earth a better place to live.