Mind, Body, Spirit
A NEW VISION FOR 2020
6 Top Tips for a Health Balanced Diet
1. Eat as many vegetables as you can
2. Eat fruit for sweetness instead of added refined sugars
3. Eat quality protein at each meal
4. Swap to low glycaemic carbohydrates
5. Eat quality good fats and don’t be scared of them!!
6. Stay hydrated
Benefits of a Balanced Wholefood Diet
Easier weight management
Stronger immune system
Reduced risk of disease
Steps to New Healthy Habits
1. Chose only one thing to focus on
2. Set a long (3 months) and short term (1 week) goal
3. Make a daily plan
4. Review progress regularly (daily/weekly)
5. Reassess regularly and set new target
Join a likeminded community
Method – makes 2-3 servings
1. Chop non-leafy greens into cubes and de-stalk leafy greens if required
(eg kale) then rinse.
2. Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blended until
smooth, add more liquid if required.
3. Pour into glasses and enjoy.
4. Store in a glass air tight container for consumption the same day. Or
freeze for consumption the next day.
Optional add ins:
Superfood powders (eg wheatgrass, spirulina, chlorella, maitake),
Seeds (eg pumpkin, sunflower, flax, chia), Protein powder)
140g mixed leafy greens
(eg spinach, rocket, kale, watercress)
100g mix non leafy greens/fruit
(eg cucumber, celery, fennel, broccoli, apple, banana, mango)
Thick slice of fresh ginger with skin on if organic
Juice of ½ lemon
Pinch of salt (Himalayan or pure sea salt)
300-400mls liquid (eg water, coconut water, nut milk)
3 ice cubes
Butter Bean Pea &
1. Add the butter beans, peas, oil and seasoning to a blender or food
processor. Add a little water to loosen the mixture as needed to reach
the desired consistency.
2. Stir in chopped mint and mix well.
3. Chop vegetables into crudités (small sticks ready for dipping)
4. Serve as a canapé or snack.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Also nice
spread on crackers or rice cakes.
1 can of butter beans, drained and rinsed
200g frozen peas defrosted
50ml avocado or olive oil
½ clove fresh garlic, minced
¼ tsp onion powder
pinch salt and pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
10g fresh mint, finely chopped
2 large carrots, peeled
2 celery sticks, peeled
1 red pepper, deseeded
Top tips to Physical Wellbeing
Set small measurable goals
One step at a time – start slowly and build from there
Make your exercise community based
Find something you enjoy doing
It’s ok to have some “down time”
Try to exercise in conjunction with improving your diet
Any form of regular exercise is good exercise
Mental Wellbeing: some helpful resources
Host of resources and information on services including Peer Support Groups,
Counseling and Wellbeing Groups (Art, Music, etc.). Latest news and how to get
Action for Happiness
Launched by the Dalai Lama and includes the 10 keys to happiness and activity
The 5 steps to mental wellbeing with links, self assessment and more
If you need urgent
help, want to know
who to talk to, or
are worried about
someone else then
visit the site below
which will help and
has useful contacts
Get active for better mental health!
This January challenge yourself to get active every
day, your way. Whether you run, swim, cycle or
choose your favourite fitness activity, set the goal and
enjoy support from the RED community every step,
splash and pedal of the way! Kick-start your 2020 in
a positive way (and you can also choose to raise
funds for Mind) so together we can be active for
better mental health
For more details and to sign up visit
Top Tips for Exploring Spirituality
STOP – Give some time each day
MEET – Jesus, read a biography of his life
in the Bible
THINK and FEEL
PRAY – as if someone is there
Things to make you think and the
DO ALPHA – alpha.org.uk
Bible in a Year app www.bibleinoneyear.org
A digital place to help explore –
The Sacred @sacred_podcast
Pray as you go
Unapologetic by Francis Spufford
God is closer than you think by John
Ortberg (or Soul Keeping by the same
Did you find the event useful?
Would you be interested in a follow up event or further
session? If “Yes” please leave your email.
Would you be interested in finding out more about Alpha?
(Please add your name & email if interested)
Is there any other feedback you’d like to share?
Please take a moment to share your thoughts
on this form, we’d really appreciate it.