Be the first to like this
Workshop held at Open Repository 2018, Bozeman, Montana
As of late 2016, a DSpace 7 UI Working Group has begun developing an Angular User Interface which will replace the existing UIs in DSpace 7. This effort also includes the development of a new REST API for DSpace, designed to follow the principles of a RESTful webservice and adopt emerging standards and formats. The goals of the REST API are twofold: (1) to fully support the new Angular UI, and (2) to provide a rich, RESTful integration point for third-party services and tools.
This workshop will allow developers to become more familiar with the new REST API framework before DSpace 7 is released.
This hands-on developers workshop will provide attendees with an overview of the DSpace 7 REST framework:
- standards / best practices that the API is based on (HAL, JSON+PATCH, JWT)
- DSpace 7 REST Contract (documentation of all endpoints)
- interacting with the REST API (via HAL browser, curl and/or postman)
- how to build new endpoints into the REST API
- where to look when issues arise
- how to document and test existing/new endpoints
Attendees will be expected to setup a virtual machine (or install the DSpace 7 codebase locally) to get more familiar with the codebase/development tools.