Social Advertising Master Class: Why Attend?
• Learn more about LinkedIn Advertising
• Gain insight into best-in-class content marketing on
• Tips, tricks, and best practices
• Build your POV and talk track
VP, PRODUCT MARKETING
• Please ask questions for Q&A
session at the end
• There will be 3 polls throughout
• You will receive a link to the
webinar recording tomorrow
• Where LinkedIn Fits
• What’s up in 2016
• Sponsored Updates
• Accountability & Attribution
• Editorial Best Practices
• Advanced LinkedIn Ads Tips and Tricks
Manage ads across the five major social
publishers with a single sign-on.
Power ads with ease through
Invest in worthy audiences with targeting
built on predictive data science.
Today’s Expert Panelists
GLOBAL PARTNER LEAD
LIVE POLL #1
What is your most important
LinkedIn advertising goal?
Sponsored Updates deliver rich content
ACROSS ALL DEVICES VIA THE LINKEDIN FEED
Sponsored Updates value
• Get your company’s updates to more people
and attract new followers
• Highly affluent and educating audience
looking to share to their network. 90% of
LinkedIn users make household decisions.
• Reach just the right audience with our
comprehensive targeting options
• Get your message out on every device:
desktop, tablet, and mobile
• Set your own budget and choose from cost
per click or cost per impression options
• Easily test and optimize these ads to fine tune
SU best practices
• Select a compelling visual.
• Run 2 - 4 Sponsored Updates a week.
• Run for 3 weeks, then test & iterate.
• Add URL tracking codes to measure post-
click actions (site visits and conversions).
• Set up campaigns by audience.
• Shift budget to the audience with the
highest engagement rate.
Which best practice do you
think is the most important to
Sponsored Updates success?
LIVE POLL #2
LinkedIn is tops for content marketers
Which social media
platforms does your
organization use to
SOURCE: CONTENT MARKETING INSTITUTE (SEPT, 2015)
6 goals of your LI content marketing strategy
BE HELPFUL. Produce content that presents new knowledge or assists in
professional decision making.
BE INTERESTING. Spark conversations. Just don’t put out dull white papers
all day everyday.
HELP THEM HELP OTHERS. Content revolutionaries want to benefit their
professional network by sharing your content. Consider sharability factor.
HELP THEM HELP THEMSELVES. Sharing your content should make a
content revolutionary seem smart, well-informed, clever, etc.
FOCUS ON ACHIEVEMENT. Readers are consuming and sharing content to
further their careers.
BE EVERYWHERE. Consider how your graphics will look on a phone or tablet,
because if it’s not formatted well you’ll lose trust and readers.
Focus on top-of-funnel awareness,
education, and inspiration
Providing accurate measurement to the business, scaling across the organization.
Finding success yet challenged with integration across the organization.
Developed a business case, seeing early success, becoming more sophisticated
with measurement and scaling.
Growing pains, challenged with creating a cohesive strategy and measurement plan.
FIRST STEPS 11%
Doing some aspects of content, but not yet making content marketing a process.
Which content marketing
persona best describes your
LIVE POLL #3
Know your audience
Relationship marketing requires a much
deeper understanding of your audience’s
• Type of content they will register for
• What they will share
• What matters to their professional
• What will make a difference in the
eventual purchase cycle