"APIs: the Glue of Cloud Computing"
CloudExpo Europe Keynote - June 22, 2010
The second day of the CloudExpo Europe that was taking place in Prague the 21st and 22nd of June, Steven Willmott, the CEO of 3scale, made a presentation on APIs and their importance for Cloud Computing.
The key highlights of this presentation are:
1. Cloud Computing pushes to the “hyper integration” of the Web and the enabling of key platform to emerge (e.g. the new SkypeKit)…. But not only for computing power
2. Cloud Computing and its different elements fit into an MVC “Cloud Edition” framework thanks to APIs
3. APIs enable Cloud Scale MVC
4. You need to become indispensable in the Value Chain otherwise someone may eat your lunch
5. APIs are key to become indispensable but need to be managed