Be the first to like this
3Play Media, SafeNet, and Vidcaster joined forces for a webinar on simple strategies for video SEO. Vidcaster is integrated with 3Play Media to provide premium transcription and captioning services; SafeNet uses Vidcaster for their video platform and 3Play Media for video transcription to increase SEO.
SafeNet has put a concerted effort into their video SEO strategy. Jen presented webinar viewers with SafeNet’s top strategies for their video site:
- SafeNet houses their video site on a subdomain of their corporate domain.
- They use SEO-friendly categories and video URLs.
- They make sure their video content is optimized and search friendly, as well.
- SafeNet uses transcription to maximize keyword usage and searchability.
- They find it imperative to create a video sitemap, which helps Google index their content.
- They focus on inbound linking, strategically placing video on both internal and external sites.
Jen further discussed SafeNet’s best practices for video SEO, noting some important tactics that webinar viewers could implement. She suggested enabling embeds of your video on others’ websites, annotating your videos with duration and a short description, incorporating your videos into press releases, and considering outbound linking.
SafeNet conducted a short study recently to determine the impact of video transcription on search rank. They discovered that in merely three weeks, transcription could bring an unranked video to the first page of a search engine.