A presentation on early-stage prototyping given at ModevUX titled "Prototyping for Business Outcomes." The presentation was given by Jessica Hall, Director of 3Pillar Global's Innovate Practice, and Erik Isaksen, a Senior UX Engineer at 3Pillar Global. In the talk, Jessica and Erik discuss how to identify business outcomes, what prototypes are and are not, how to scope a prototype, and more.
Today you will learn:
• How to identify a business outcome
• What a prototype is and how to use it
• How to scope a prototype
• How to effectively engage clients/stakeholders
WHAT IS A
Secure outside funding
Target a new customer
Increase revenue from
Neutralize a competitor
Increase conversion rate
I HAVE AN IDEA
What does it look like?
Do customers want it?
Is it right for my business?
A prototype is a tool for testing
ideas, assumptions and customer
segments that allows for quick
WE NEED TO
• Take a user and business outcome driven approach
• Release often
• Validate early with customers
• Show internal stakeholders instead of telling with huge
• Help developers understand the product quickly