Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Presentation1

466 views

Published on

Published in: Self Improvement
  • Be the first to comment

Presentation1

  1. 1. Project 3: Child Abduction
  2. 5. <ul><li>Every 40 seconds, a child is abducted somewhere in the United States. </li></ul><ul><li>Of these abductions, almost 75% of them are carried out by people that know the child. </li></ul>
  3. 8. Since 1982, child abductions rates have increased over time by 444%...
  4. 12. <ul><li>Almost all abductors that are strangers of the children are adult males. </li></ul><ul><li>In two thirds of these abductions involving men, the child is a female… </li></ul>
  5. 16. <ul><li>Almost 99% of all missing children are found within the first few months. </li></ul><ul><li>The other 1% are often never found… </li></ul>
  6. 20. Actions must be taken to prevent child abduction…
  7. 21. <ul><li>Flyers can be created to educate young people about the increasing rate of the issue. These flyers can include information on pointing out abducted children. </li></ul><ul><li>Emails can be sent to local schools urging parents to take updated photos to keep on file in case their child goes missing. </li></ul><ul><li>Letters can be sent to local television stations urging them to begin broadcasting a commercial about child abduction to increase awareness. </li></ul><ul><li>Pamphlets can be created and passed out in front of schools directed towards parents including tips to teach your children to help them ward off child abduction. </li></ul><ul><li>Letters can be sent out to local law enforcement asking them to notify the community when a previous abductor moves in nearby. This would allow parents to be aware for their children’s sake. </li></ul>
  8. 22. <ul><li>Be on the look out for any missing children broadcasted on the local news stations. </li></ul><ul><li>Watch for children that seem like they do not want to be with the person they are with. </li></ul><ul><li>Trust your gut; if you feel that something doesn’t seem right, notify the police. </li></ul><ul><li>Avoid being alone outside at night; adults can be taken against their will as well. </li></ul><ul><li>If you have children of your own, teach them techniques on how to avoid strangers and to remember landmarks if the child were to get lost. </li></ul>
  9. 23. <ul><li>http://www.childconnection.org/default.html </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.amberwatchfoundation.org </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.missingkids.com/ </li></ul>

×