Be the first to like this
Acision's MAVAM México, 3rd Edition, was released on May 2012, bringing new data about the mobile value added services (VAS) in the market. Some key findings:
- Mexico has the largest SMS market in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Messaging service sales (SMS and MMS) in Mexico show year-on-year growth rate of 32% in US Dollars (26% in Mexican Pesos), generating $601 million USD in Q3 2011
- Over Q3 2011, revenues from value added services (VAS) in Mexico represented $1,047 million USD - 38% above the figure for the same period the previous year.
- VAS represents 31% of sales from the services rendered by operators during the same period – on average 6% higher than other Latin America and Caribbean regions.
- 57% of value added services (VAS) sales are generated from SMS and MMS alone
- 98% of mobile subscribers used SMS services over Q4 2011 - 25% of users consider that SMS services will be more important in the future.