Defination Of Listening
• People have no control over sound and
every sound touching to the ear drums can
not be titled as listening.
• Listening is a conscious process. One has to
give a thorough concentration in receiving
the sound touching to the ear drums and
has to comprehend it and at last one has to
respond to it.
Type Of Listening
• Marginal Listening.
• Intolerant Listening.
• Listening for Pleasure.
• Active Listening.
• Passive Listening.
• The word marginal its self is a self
• In this sort of listening the listener due to
hurry or lack of interest listen half of the
message which many times results into
ambiguous or misleading out put.
• The in intolerant listener doesn’t give the
speaker much time .
• They fill that they know every thing which is
going to be said, and consequently they
jump to conclusions and keep interrupting.
Listening For Pleasure
• The type of listening is every where. Mostly
people get indulged into this type of
• When the listener listen something where the
listener fills glad, listening for pleasure
• Active listening is attentive, fully engaged
• Active listener have to show interest and
have to keep up with the conversation.
• Many times they do have to clarify points
which help them to understand the toke
• As mention above active listening is always
done keeping some purpose in the center.
• It is done deliberately.
• In active listening we obtain directions, and
pay much and conscious attention to
details to arrive at any solution or to get to
know people etc.
• It is exactly the opposite of active listening
and passive listening mostly meets all the
standards of hearing.
• Passive listening happens when one loses
motivation or when it’s a compulsion to
• Many times when one is compel is listen to
the speech where the listener does not have
any interest passive listening happens.