Social Structure Part 1
• In ancient egypt you would of had to inherit the thrown to become
• There where many slaves in ancient egypt. Even though people
think slaves where treated badly but if that was true how could they
build these pyramids that still stand today in great condition. Some
people don’t even think humans could have done this because of
the pyramids still being in great shape.
One Of There Beliefs
• Egyptians believed in the afterlife. When there tombs where opened
they saw there most prized possessions. They believed that if they
would get and be buried with that they will have those things in the
• The ﬁrst pyramid was built in Saqqara by the Pharaoh
Djoser. This was the ﬁrst stone structure in egypt. The
height is 200 ft.
• The valley temple was placed close to the port and the
skinks. A skinks guards the way to the pharaohs
• Obelisk: A symbol of the sun was erected in front of
Construction Of The Pyramids
• After they have chosen to put the pyramid in a certain location they would’ve
gathered the plans [ Blueprints ]
• Different Tools Used For Construction: A wooden mallet, copper chisel set
square and level with plumb lines & a copper prizing tool
• Building Pyramids
• This was the symbol of of the pharaoh and the earthly
reincarnation of the creator god athum.
The Nile River / Delta
• The nile river leads up to lower egypt that soon
reaches up to the nile delta. In the nile-delta home
to fertile soil ,papyrus, crops & of course water.
• The Nile Delta is a great spot for farmers Here is
where the richest fertile soil is located.
• The papyrus plant is here which makes the paper
we use. This plant was only found in egypt.
The Nile & What It Caused
• The Upper Part Of egypt is called Lower egypt
because the Nile River Flows north instead of
• The Nile River leads up to the Nile Delta Home
To Fertile Soil
• Most People Live in lower Egypt because of
the land, Crops are grown here because of the
Nile’s Fertile Soil
• Upper Egypt barley has Fertile soil compared
to lower egypt
• Egypt Bows: Is a triangular in shape during the new kingdom
• Armorer: Carves the wood with an adze
• Slicing Ax: the earliest axes consisted of copper blades set in a wooden shaft
• Quiver: Spare arrows where carried in quivers that were worn over the
• These are found in the pharaonic 3,000 B.C ancient egypt. Rules
where written on stones in this form of writing. On the wall temples
and tombs generally in hieroglyphs appears in columns.
• Lower Egypt was represented as the red crown, Upper
Egypt was represented as the white crown, When the
menes took over lower and upper egypt they combined
the white and red crown. This formed the double crown.
• Ancient Egypt relied on the farmers to grow the food for
a stable food supply. Farming was mostly done in lower
egypt and barley upper egypt.
• Farming was mostly dine in lower egypt because of the
nile deltas fertile soil. There where only few fertile soil
patches in upper egypt. Fertile soil was located side by
side the nile river.
• The Encyclopedia Of Ancient Egypt
• Google Images
• The ‘World’ Text Book