A comprehensive review of the developments in shale gas affecting the North American petrochemical markets
• The benefits and detriments of the shale gas revolution
• Feedstock advantage spurs investment in new cracker builds and expansions
• New polyethylene capacities and exports to Latin America
• Lighter feed slates and the negative impact on heavier products, disconnect in ethylene/propylene production.
• Most significant in propylene as constraints impact pricing and facilitate volatility. Spillover effect for derivative products.
• Pending supply increases. Will it be enough?
• The shale boom and its impact on aromatics
• Lighter feed slates at crackers curbs aromatics output, negatively impact downstream products such as styrene, PTA, and PET
• Increased crude from shale plays and impact on crude import/export balance
• Northeast refineries shift to lighter crudes, trend likely to continue going forward.
• What does this mean for the US petrochemical landscape going forward?
• How will this impact/alter global petrochemical trade flows?