Discover a hotel that defines a new dimension of luxury.
Your success is our highest calling.
– Marriott Hotels & Resorts
● Founder - John Willard Marriott
● Founded - May 15, 1927
● Area served - Worldwide
● Key people Bill Marriott - Executive chairman and Arne Sorenson -
President and CEO
● No. of employees 199,929 as of 2013
Categories of segmentation
● Geographic - present in metropolitan cities
● Psychographic - the lifestyle that the
individual is accustomed to.
● Behavioral - depends on each customer.
For ex.: brand loyalty, frequency, usage,
● Demographics - Depending on the financial
and customer status, there different tiers of
Hotel brands under Targeted markets
1 Luxury The Ritz-Carlton, BVLGARI, JW
Exceptionally rich people. Ex:
Ritz carlton at LA
Edition, Autograph Collection
hotels, Renaissance hotels, AC
hotels by Marriott, Moxy hotels.
Targeting tourists with
high/medium budget. Ex: JW
Marriott Marquis Miami
3 Signature Marriott hotels, Delta hotels and
Targeting family vacation
planners and business
executives. Ex: Marriott hotel,
Courtyard, Springhill suites,
Fairfield Inn and suites, Protea
Targeting business executives
and business travellers. Ex:
Courtyard Marriott, Mumbai
Residence Inn, Towneplace suites,
Marriott Executive apartments.
Mainly targeting business
people who wants to work
abroad. Ex: Lakeside Chalet,
Mumbai - Marriott executive
Gaylord hotels, Marriott vacation
Resort hotels targeting tourists.
Ex.: Gaylord palms at Florida
● Budget shoppers to elite spenders,business travelers to family vacationers.
● They have uniquely created their brand names to satisfy the wants and needs
of mostly every clientele.
DIFFERENT LEVELS OF PRODUCT
• Basic Product: Basic functional attributes. All Hotels provide rest and sleep.
The aim is to ensure that your potential customers purchase your one
service. Thus the functional attributes like Room, Bed, Bath are important.
• Expected product : Set of attributes that the buyer expects (Clean room,
large towels, quietness)
• Augmented product: What additional non-tangible benefits can you offer?
This meets the customer’s desires beyond his expectations – (Prompt room
service, music, aroma etc)
• Potential product : The possible evolutions that can be made to make the
product a distinguished offer (all suite room)
Products of MARRIOTT
S.No. Product title Sub products offered
1 The Marriott bed Foam Mattresses & Box spring set, Innerspring Mattresses and box spring
set, Sterling bed and bedding set, Frameworks bed and bedding set
Block print bed and bedding set, Bird’s eye stripe bed and bedding set
2 Pillows Feather & down pillow, Pillow protector, Down alternative eco pillow, euro
pillow, decorative pillows
3 Linens Signature sheets, Duvet covers, Hemstitch sheets, Linen sets, Pillow
4 Bedding Bedding sets, Mattress toppers, bed skirts, blankets & comforters, bed
5 Bath Than hair & skin care, Shower curtain, Hotel slippers, Robes, Shower
heads, Towels and Vanity mirrors
6 Lifestyle Glow lamp, red teardrop lamp, pure elevation coffee brew trays, Attune
candle, projection alarm clock, one cup coffee brewer and brew tray set,
The marriott bear.
• Hotel amenities: 5 star
• Business center
• Non-smoking floors/rooms
• Helicopter service
• Currency exchange
• 24-hour Room Service
• Safe deposit boxes
• Barber shop
• Marriott’s customer loyalty program is called
Marriott rewards. They are of two types viz,
Marriott rewards and Rewards Plus.
• Marriott rewards(
• Depending upon the no. of points they’ll offer
us special nights and gala offers.
• Rewards plus offers combo offers like you’ll receive 10% more
MileagePlus miles when you redeem for a Marriott Rewards Hotel + Air
Package, up to 12,000 more miles.
• 38 airlines participating in the rewards plus program.
• Earn up to 50,000 points for two free nights at a Category 5 hotel in a lush
resort destination like Hawaii or in the Mediterranean.
• Start planning and see how far your rewards travel.
• More than 28 million members.
• This allows the company to determine customer value, precisely target
marketing efforts and messages, and capture and use critical customer
knowledge to predict future travel behavior and business potential
Myers - Briggs Assessment
• To give the best customer satisfaction, some type of assessment is
necessary and Marriott follows one such assessment i.e., Myers - Briggs
• Example of Myers - Briggs assessment :