Google recently announced their support for the rel=author markup which
will allow us to associate authors with articles wherever they are published
• Adding Google+ profiles to the blogs.
• This way Google verify the ownership and authenticity of the
content building trust in the link.
• This builds credibility for you and also increase the CTR (click
through rates) of your links.
• Allow authors to claim their work and a stable authority within
• Increases engagement between authors and readers.
• It can lend reputation and increased exposure of your personal
How to get start?
• First you need a Google+ profile account. If you don’t have
then create new one.
• Go to https://plus.google.com and create a new account with
your own name.
• Make sure your byline name matches the name on your
• Add your photo and complete the profile page. The more you
add, the better
• Make sure you have a profile photo with a recognizable
Make sure the +1s tab appears on your profile (see image above).
Click +1s and then edit you can see a check box and you have to check that to
make it appear in your profile.
And also make sure you have + 1′s at least one website or you will face
Edit your Google+
profile and add each
of the websites in
To do this go to your
Google+ profile, then
click on edit profile.
Next click on the
About tab and then
click on the
section. You can add
all your websites there
Updating Your Blogs
Go to your blog dashboard and
locate the Users menu, then click
on the your profile tab.
When the page opens up, scroll
down to the About the user info
box and then add a couple of lines
Finally add a HTML code given
below in that same box and Save.
In the same way, if you have multiple authors in your blog page, then create google+
profiles of each author and follow the same process.
If you need an author bio at the end of every post, then you can simply use a plugin : WP
Biographia. (see the image below)
Once you have activated the plugin make sure to do changes in the settings of the
plugins by checking disable / enable buttons.
Once everything is done you need to verify and fill the form in Google for verification.
Fill the below form to verify your email address. You have provide the email
address of your domain to link your content to G+ profile.
Test your work
The results will not be instant,
but at some point you can
start checking individual posts
to see if your efforts have
You do this by using the
Google Rich Snippets Testing
Tool (See the image)
Paste a URL of a post into the
box and click preview to get a
report that indicates if the
search engine would attribute
the post to you.
If the post has been successful set up for rel=author, you will get output like the
above image. This is the simple method to add Google authorship to your blogs.