History of Bluetooth:
• Bluetooth was invented in 1994 by Ericsson.
• The company later started working with a larger
Group of Companies called the Bluetooth special
Interests Group or “SIG” to develop the
technology into What it is today.
• Bluetooth is not owned by any one Company
and is developed and Maintained by SIG.
• The name Bluetooth come from a code name
originally used by a SIG for the project and is a
reference to a 10th
century by shamshad
• What is Bluetooth?
• Why is it useful?
• Governing Standard-Large Consortium
What is Bluetooth technology
• Bluetooth is a wireless technology used to
transfer data between different electronic device
the distance of data transmission is small in
comparison to other modes of wireless
• Bluetooth is a high –speed low-power link
microwave wireless technology designed to
connect phones,laptops,pdas and other
portable equipment together with tittle or no
work by the users.
Importance of Bluetooth
• These have replace cables for transfering
information from one electronic device to
• This is cheaply Available.
• Its mobility is also very important as it does
not need any power outlet or Internet
connection or any other items.
Types of Bluetooth devices
• In car Bluetooth system.
• Bluetooth Equipment printer.
• Bluetooth Equipment web cam.
• Bluetooth GPS system.
• Bluetooth keyboard.
• Bluetooth wireless mouse.
How it work
• Short range wireless connectivity.
• Low power consumption.
• Automatic recognition.
• Very important.
• Don’t want data to be shared.
• Security not great.
• Pairing security.
How to connects
• Once the device is turned on it sends out a
signal searching for other devices.
• It operates on the unlicensed industrial
Scientific and medical(JSM) radio band.
• Once a connection is mode a personal area
network is formed the signal uses Adaptive
frequency Hopping (ADF) to “hop” along 79
frequencies about 1600 times.
• The Range of these devices is divided into 3
100mw 100 meters 2nd
1mw 1 meters.
• What is really means?
• Which device are you connecting to?
• How large it the file ?
• Which version are you using?
• Have the two devices been connected before.
• Laptop ,Gaming
Disadvantage of Bluetooth
□Data sent between two Bluetooth devices is very
slow compared with Wi-Fi transfer rate.
□Range of Bluetooth devices is 15-30 feet depending
upon the device.
□Security is biggest disadvantage as transfer take
place through radio waves and a hacker can easily