What is an Adjective? Give an
• An adjective is a word used to add something
to a noun.
• Eg: That rose looks beautiful.
The people were so noisy at the concert.
Adjectives of Quantity
• What does adjective of quantity mean?
A- It tells us ‘how much’ of a thing is needed.
Eg: She has sufficient money to buy a book.
I didn’t get any cake.
Adjectives of Quality
• What does adjective of quality mean?
A- It tells what kind of person, place or thing.
Eg: The Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the
She wore a red coat.
Adjectives of Number
• What do you understand by adjective of
A- It tells us ‘how many’.
Eg: In the earthquake several people ran out of
I came first in the race.
• What is the knowledge about demonstrative
A- It tells us ‘which persons or things are meant’.
Eg: My friend lives in yonder house.
Those pens don’t work.
• What do you get when you hear distributive
A- They show that persons or things are taken
one at a time.
Eg: Each and every student got a cupcake.
Neither of the two are good.
• What is the story behind interrogative
A- They are usually used in asking
questions, with nouns.
Eg: Whose shoe is this?
Who is your favourite singer?
• What is the history of possessive adjectives?
A- They tell us ‘whose’ is the thing.
Eg: Are these your toys?
There is nothing fun to do in my house.
Time to put your knowledge to the
test. Pick out the adjective and what
kind it is.
• Our team won the match.
• Where do you live?
• She is an old woman.
• That house is big.
• Every student has a talent.
• Several people were killed in the attack.
• Who likes to eat whole bread?