Faculty of Management
What is so great about
• This is exactly the question that started me off on
• Ever experienced Trembling hands or shaking
knees or quivering voice when asked to speak to
• Do you feel at times you want to say something
very important but just don’t have the guts to say it
or you run out of words or you end up buying a
wrong thing because you could not explain what
you need to the salesperson? In our every day
work we fail to speak?
• Ever wondered why it happens??? Or few of us might have
an answer, which is “COMMUNICATION”. But what is
it? And how to learn to communicate better???
• Everybody seems to go into a trance when answering that
question. So here, I am to answer your questions about
• If the answer is, Yes to the most of questions then there are
problems in communication that we need to address. Are
there solutions to these problems?
• The answer is YES, YES and YES!!!
Can learning communication skills
actually make a difference?
• In a recent survey of recruiters from
companies with more than 50,000
employees, communication skills
were cited as the single more
important decisive factor in
• Most of today's influential people
reached the level of success by their
sheer skills of influence/ persuasion.
• Effective communication is
all about conveying your
messages to other people
clearly and unambiguously
• MAXIMUM CLASS PARTICIPATION!! The more you
participate, the more marks you gain and more you learn….
• Attendance Criteria – 75% …NO Compromises!!
• You are expected to be class on/before scheduled time. You
will be allowed to enter in class in first 5 minutes of lecture.
After that you are welcome to class but would not be awarded
• Make sure you are not absent on Presentation day or Activity
day or case study discussion day or tests. Zero marks would be
awarded to absentees.
• You’ll be informed well in advance about the important
• DO NOT COPY ASSIGNMENTS. All the copied assignments
and master assignment would be straight away cancelled
Grading (Internal - 40 marks
External - 60 Marks)
• Assignments = 13%
• MSE = 38%
• First Hourly + Second
Hourly test = 13% +
• Presentations – 10%
• Class Participation –
Basic Skills You will
Learn in This Course
• Basic Concepts of
• Speaking & Listening skills
• Non-Verbal Communication
• Writing skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication @
• Technology and Human