Starting with the core Vert.x concepts, this presentation will walk attendees through the components of a simple vert.x based application. Through this process, attendees will gain an understanding of how Vert.x:
- provides for a way to use several different languages in the same application
- takes advantage of JVMs excellent multi-core capabilities
- uses a module-based framework for packaging and hot-deployment
- communicates with other processes via a distributed event bus
- exposes an asynchronous programming model with very simple concurrency
With this presentation, viewers should gain a deep-enough understanding of Vert.x to be able to evaluate the platform for their own projects.