1. Digital Age Changes, challengesopportunities for communication professionals Zigurds Zaķis INSTINCT (BBDO Group Russia) http://zz.typepad.com/LV
2. The spread (and availability) ofInternet and digital technologies is the biggest development in thehistory of mankind since industrial revolution
3. tirgus placis?http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/georgeaugustine/2116513291/
4. 1448I. Printing Press
5. Opregte Haarlemsche Courant, 1656 - 1942 New York Times, §
6. Alexander Graham Bells first telephone.Voice sounds were transmitted for the first time on June 3, 1875 2. Telephone
7. Fonogrāfs, 1877 Mikrofons, 1877 Kineskops, 1888 3. Recorded media
8. 19014. Broadcast
9. Mass Media Age: main characteristics• Mass communication (Broad-cast)• One-Direction communication• Limited number of choices• Limited opportunities of self-expressing• A lack of co-operation opportunities
58. Customer Created Ads for Superbowl Doritos (2007)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YJbbA_4TfQ
59. falling production costs Growing demand for superior experience(idea + using the channel in right way + quality of production)
61. iPhone AppStore July, 2008
62. 2010/2011: From mobile phones to mobile devices on mass scale iPhone4 HTC Desire Nokia N8 (June 2010) (May 2010) Oct, 2010 More than just a phone More capable and convenient Always with him/herSamsung Wave II Sony Ericsson XPeria X8 Sony Ericsson A8 Nov 2010 2010, June Q4 2010
63. 2010/2011: Tablets Very diﬀerent kind of experience From browsing to applicaOons iPad (April 2010) 9,7”, iOS, 40’000 Apps, 300’000 iPhone apps $500‐850, sold 7.5mln Samsung Galaxy Tab 7”, Android, 100’000+ Apps $400‐600, sold 1mln+ @ Dec 2010DELL Streak (August 2010) 5”, Android, 100’000 Apps HP Slate (October 2010) $550 8,9”, Windows 7 $800 VIA: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/technology/personaltech/2010-tablet-computer-comparison.html?ref=technology
66. Mobile: Retail ApplicaOons (iPhone)BeQer Christmas List Coupon SherpaOrganizing your holiday shopping Coupon aggregator GiTmeister Yowza Gib giving advice A loca6on‐based coupon app Shopping Goddess An online community of shoppers who Overwhelming Oﬀers share their product reviews and secrets to gecng great deals Shopkick Promote users for physically visit a store and TGI Black Friday checking in. Scandit FastMall Take a photo of a products barcode and Lets users download any malls map and use Scandit will oﬀer price comparisons and interac6ve naviga6on to get around the mall. reviews of the product. businessinsider.com/15-phone-apps-that-make-holiday-shopping-easier-2010-11
67. 7.Real-time,always ON
68. The main consequencefor agencies and marketers
69. Thecustomer Message We
70. + + =
71. Find anything Share anythingIgnore anything,That is not interesting or valuable for me
72. Push is dead! Thecustomer Message We
73. Welcome to the age of PULL!
74. The age of PULL:What pulls?
75. The customer?
76. Banners? rarely ....
77. What pulls?
78. 1. Create content that customerseeks out and share
80. Create Experience Video Multimedia Aesthetics + Functionality
81. Social Currency Something worth talk about Something worth to share with friends Great content is social currency
82. 2.Create valueMake his life better, easier, richer
83. Involve customerUnleash their creative potential Collaboration Collective intelligence
84. Customization and personlization
85. Be Deep and Meaningful “The days of making funny things that may or may not have and effect on the clients business are ending” Jeff Benjamin Interactive Creative director Crispin Porter + Bogusky via: http://paulisakson.typepad.com/planning/2008/03/the-future-of-m.html
86. Be Deep and Meaningful “It is not what you say that matters, it what you do”