Transcript of "Topic Sentence Patterns Compare And Contrast Paragraph"
Topic Sentence Patterns—Compare and Contrast
The topic sentence introduces the items that will be compared and contrasted in
• For someone who is looking for a new car, the German-built BMW 320i
and the Japanese Honda Civic offer interesting points of similarity and
difference in the areas of length, weight, interior size, and engine capacity.
• It is useful to compare and contrast Riyadh and Shagra in regard to
population, appearance, commercial activity, and quality of life.
• To see how much Saudi Arabia has changed in the last 40 years, it is
useful to compare and contrast its modern capital, Riyadh, with the nearby
town of Shagra in regard to population, appearance, commercial activity,
and quality of life.
• Although the Arab News and the Saudi Gazette are similar in some
respects, they are different in other respects.
• While there will of course be some similarities between the BMW and
the Honda Civic, there will also be some major differences.