1. BARCELONAJordi Bretcha, and Xavier Mestre andRafael Callisaya
2. CONTENTS• CATALONIA SQUARE• LES RAMBLES• BARCELONA’S CATHEDRAL• GOTHIC NEIGHBORHOOD• SAINT JAUME’S SQUARE• LA RIBERA NEIGHBORHOOD• KING’S SQUARE• SANTA MARIA DEL MAR• EL FOSSAR DE LES MORERES• ARC DE TRIOMF• SAGRADA FAMILIA
3. Location of BarcelonaMAP OF CATALONIA
4. CATALONIA SQUARE• It’s in the centre of Barcelona (Passèig deGràcia and Les Rambles).• Built in 1859, conceived as a part of pla Rovira.
5. LES RAMBLES• It’s the most popular street in Barcelona (1 kmlenght).• It has main places like Liceu, Canaletas…
6. BARCELONA’S CATHEDRAL• Gothic Style, built between the 13-15thcenturies.• It has outstanding features: Gargoylesrepresenting animals.
7. GOTHIC NEIGHBORHOOD• It’s the old centre of Barcelona
8. SANT JAUME’S SQUARE• It is in the centre of the Old City ofBarcelona, since the Roman epoque• Politics (Generalitat of Catalonia and City Hall)
9. LA RIBERA NEIGHBORHOOD• It’s a part of Sant Pere and Santa Caterinaquarter (Ciutat Vella of Barcelona)• It has buildings from the Middle Age.
10. KING’S SQUARE• It has the Royal Palace• Counts of Barcelona residence
11. SANTA MARÍA DEL MAR• Built 1329 – 1383. It was built by the neighbours. Itsstones were extracted from Montjuic, a mountain inBarcelona.• Gothic style church in the Ribera district• Catalan Gothic
12. EL FOSSAR DE LES MORERES• It is built on a cementery.• It is a representation of the people who diedin a war in the XVIII Century for Catalonia.
13. ARC DE TRIOMF• Built for the 1888 Universal exhibition as themain acces gate by Josep Vilaseca i Casanovas
14. SAGRADA FAMILIA• The building was started in 1882 and it hasnot been finished yet.• The architect was Gaudí• Modernist Style
15. CONCLUSION• WEATHER, BEACH• A LOT OF ARCHITECTURE• TOURISM• NIGHT LIFE• MUSEUMS• A LOT OF THINGS TO WATCH