1. BLOGGING AS A BUSINESS OPTION ATTY. ZIGFRED DIAZ www.zdiaz.com www.stockmarket-investing.com
2. Lecture Overview - What is a blog (Introduction) ? – How do bloggers make money ? - How existing traditional business owners can help boost their business through blogging ? - How do I setup a blog ? (Basics)
4. Introduction to blogs, blogging and bloggers
5. What is a blog ?
6. “ A blog (a contraction of the term &quot;web log&quot;) is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. – from www.wikipedia.com
7. So what is the difference then between a “blog” and a regular “website” ?
8. To answer the question, let us first look at the concept of Web 2.0 VS.
9. “ . . . Web 2.0 websites allow users to do more than just retrieve information. They can build on the interactive facilities of &quot;Web 1.0&quot; to provide &quot;Network as platform&quot; computing, allowing users to run software-applications entirely through a browser. Users can own the data on a Web 2.0 site and exercise control over that data . . . .
11. “ . . . These sites may have an &quot;Architecture of participation&quot; that encourages users to add value to the application as they use it Examples of Web 2.0 include web-based communities, hosted services, web applications, social-networking sites, video-sharing sites, wikis, blogs, mashups and folksonomies. “ - From www.wikipedia.com
13. Some interesting stats and facts about blogs, blogging & bloggers <ul><li>As of December 2007, blog search engine Technorati was tracking more than 112,000,000 blogs, with an estimated 120,000 new ones being put up everyday. </li></ul><ul><li>To date there are close to 5000 blogs in the Philippines according to topblogs.com.ph and close to a 1,000 “active” blogs is listed in ratified.org </li></ul>
14. <ul><li>Since 2002, blogs have gained increasing notice and coverage for their role in breaking, shaping, and spinning news stories </li></ul><ul><li>By 2004, the role of blogs became increasingly mainstream, as political consultants, news services, and candidates began using them as tools for outreach and opinion forming. </li></ul><ul><li>The popularity of blogs has also given rise to &quot;fake blogs&quot; in which a company will create a fictional blog as a marketing tool to promote a product </li></ul>
15. $$$ SHOW ME THE MONEY ! $$$ (How bloggers make money)
16. “ PRO-BLOGGING” IS ALL ABOUT BEING IN BUSINESS
17. GREAT PROFITS GOOD MARKETING GOOD PRODUCTS TRADITIONAL BUSINESS BLOGGING AS A BUSINESS GOOD CONTENT TRAFFIC & ADS GREAT PROFITS
18. THE IMPORTANCE OF GOOD CONTENT - Content is King ! <ul><li>“ Content” is the “meat” of your blog. It could be text, videos or photos </li></ul>- Good content means that your content is either the following: helpful, informative, entertaining, thought provoking or inspiring. - Further good content means, proper spelling, proper grammar, proper layout and contains good and visually stimulating material
19. TRAFFIC & ADS - Ads are the “monetary” lifeblood of blogs <ul><li>The following are the types of ads that bloggers could place in their blogs: </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Pay per click </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Keyword ads </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Direct Placement ads </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Reviews </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Commission based </li></ul></ul></ul>
20. Pay per click
21. Keyword ads
22. Direct Placement ads
24. Commission based
25. HOW BLOGGERS GET TRAFFIC - Aside from the quality content, bloggers get traffic by doing SEO (Search Engine Optimization) - SEO helps push your blog for a particular keyword or topic in the SERP (Search Engine Results page) - There are different ways to do SEO. Although the algorithm used by search engines changes from time to time, SEO practitioners have ways to somehow unravel the mystery.
26. A demonstration on how SEO works to help bloggers direct traffic to their blogs and how bloggers earn money with the help of SEO
31. I am a traditional business owner, how does blogging help me ?
32. It can be said that success in business is all about marketing
33. <ul><li>According to the Center for Marketing Research at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth there has been a 237% increase in blogging by the USA’s 500 fastest growing companies, it is also interesting to note that significant 41% of those who don’t have a blog are intending to implement one. </li></ul><ul><li>34% of large corporations currently have a blog solution, 70% plan one by the end of the year </li></ul>
34. Having a blog can aid a lot in marketing your business & Product because of the following reasons:
35. 1.) Blogs are effective, less costly and easy to implement than other marketing efforts <ul><li>Unlike before existing internet infrastructure under web 2.0 makes putting up a blog as easy as 123 and in less than 5 minutes ! </li></ul>- The global reach of blogs make it a very effective marketing tool making you reach a wide number of audiences. <ul><li>Believe it or not you can run a blog and market your particular niche for free ! </li></ul>
36. 2.) Blogs offer you a completely new way to communicate with your clients, prospects and fellow business owners. - Everybody loves blogs ! Search engine love blogs because of its design and people love blogs because of its personal reach
37. 3.) Blogs can position you to be the number one source of information in the internet. <ul><li>Blogs help you tell the story of your brand </li></ul><ul><li>Blogs make your company “real.” It makes your customer feel part of a community instead of feeling “targeted” hence creating strong loyalty </li></ul>
38. Starting a blog (Just the basics) !
39. 1.) Get a free blog either at www.blogger.com or www.wordpress.com
40. 2.) Blogging is merely part of Web 2.0 which anchors its idea on “Social networking” so start networking socially online
41. 3.) Read, Read, Read !
42. Download our free blogging ebook at www.zdiaz.com
43. Catch up or Catch you later . Don’t be left behind . . .