View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
What is Selenium
Steps to start with Selenium
Features of Selenium
What is Selenium?
• Selenium is a robust set of tools that supports rapid development of test
automation for web-based applications.
• Hooks for many other languages - Java, Ruby, Python
• Can simulate a user navigating through pages and then assert for specific
marks on the pages
• All you need to really know is HTML to start
using it right away
• IDE stands for Integrated Development Environment.
• Which is used for Record and Play back the scripts.
• It is an Add on for Mozilla Firefox, which means we can download the
Selenium IDE from Mozilla Firefox and we can Record and Run the scripts
in Mozilla Firefox only.
• Selenium IDE is accountable for user actions.
• We can Run the Recorded scripts against other browsers by using
• RC stands for Remote Control.
• It is a Server and launches the Browser.
• It acts as a API and Library of Selenium.
• We need to configure the Selenium RC with the supported language, then
we can automate the application.
• Selenium Grid is used for launching the multiple browsers with supported
operating system in parallel.
• We can run the scripts on different browsers in parallel.
• It allows you to easily run multiple tests in parallel, on multiple machines, in
a heterogeneous environment.
Steps to start with Selenium!
1) Begin: write and run tests in Firefox.
Selenium IDE is a Firefox add-on that records clicks, typing, and other
actions to make a test, which you can play back in the browser.
2) Customize: your language, your browser.
Selenium Remote Control (RC) runs your tests in multiple browsers and
platforms. Tweak your tests in your preferred language.
3) Deploy: scale out, speed up
Selenium Grid extends Selenium RC to distribute your tests across
multiple servers, saving you time by running tests in parallel.
• Actions are commands that generally manipulate the state of the
application. They do things like “click this link” and “select that option”.
Can be called with “AndWait” suffix, e.g. “clickAndWait”.
• Accessors examine the state of the application and store the results in
variables, e.g. “storeTitle”.
They are also used to automatically generate Assertions.
• Assertions are like Accessors, but verify that the state of the application
conforms to what is expected. Eg. “make sure the page title is X”, “verify
that this checkbox is checked”.
All Selenium Assertions can be used in 3 modes: “assert”, “verify”, and ”
waitFor”. For example, you can “assertText”, “verifyText” and “waitForText”.
Features of Selenium
• Functional Automation tool for Web applications.
• Open source, free to use and free of charge.
• Supports more languages.
• Supports different browsers.
• Supports various operating systems.
• Supports mobile devices
• Can execute the tests while browser is minimized.
• Can execute the tests in parralel.
The list of
actions in the
The root of web
want to test
The log of the
events that were
any errors or
warning that may
Try the test in
the Web based
Reference of the
Email Us @ email@example.com