Economy a hot button now and it seems to be sort of the underlying theme in most presentations these days. Forcing organizations to change the ways of thinking and operating In our experience, a lot of gloom and doom, but we are already starting to see that organizations that are forging ahead and continuing to invest in their mission are beginning to emerge Open the floor for opinions on how the economy has affected overall giving
1. We’ve also seen a significant increase in Online Donations. Not sure how much that is connected to the economy but people are more inclined than ever to find out about you and support your mission online To audience: Have you stopped giving? Have you changed the way you give? 2. Giving is down Average gift size is down Number of givers is down While we are only expecting fundraising to go down about 1% from the previous year, in typical years fundraising grows 4%. That means, we are working with a 5% deficit You have to be able to maximize your relationships with the donors you have so you can keep them Donor Fatigue You must be able to keep supporters engaged and inspired without over soliciting them You must be able to better target them for the appeals they are most likely to give to Increased competition Differentiate yourself by personalizing contacts you have with your supporters Position yourselves for the turn of the economy Increased need for services Despite the changes in the economy, you don’t get a pass Your community will need you now, more than ever and you are forced to do more with less Increased need for accountability Provide excellent stewardship to keep those relationships strong People are only going to keep giving if they know their gifts are being put to good use
Regardless of the size of your organization, you are probably looking for a software solution for one – if not all– of these five reasons. With the economy the way it is, now’s NOT the time to hunker down. Nonprofits need to increase activity so they can thrive during this recession “ Do more with less” has always been the mantra of nonprofits, but now it’s even more than that. You need to drive results with fewer resources than you have ever had. Therefore you need to work smarter and more efficient And make the work you do count… Finally, you need to know what’s working, so you can replicate it and toss what doesn’t work
For as long as there has been fundraising, friend-raising, membership drives, or any other types of nonprofit development, there have been two cornerstone strategies -> acquisition and cultivation. Acquisition is the process of adding new potential supporters to your list. This has been done in a variety of ways, from sending some form of direct marketing communication to passing out business cards at cocktail parties. The point has always been to spread the word, to explain your organization’s reason for being in a nutshell, to encourage prospects to learn more about you, and to motivate them to take an action that will benefit your mission. Once acquisition has occurred, an organization has a choice. The supporter can be released back into the pond, to be scooped up again when the next action is needed. Or, the supporter can be cultivated into having a larger and more meaningful role with the organization. Most development professionals agree that retaining donors is more efficient and ultimately more lucrative for the organization AND for the supporter…
But in today’s economic climate cultivation of loyalty is even more important to your organization, because this is the way to success during economic hardship. But, how do you, as an organization, keep your supporters loyal to your cause? Especially when there is research out there showing that 90% of donors drop off before the 5 th renewal campaign??????? And 60% of donors give once and never give again to an organization????
To truly focus on donor retention, you need to be thinking about the people BEHIND the money—not the money itself. In order to improve donor loyalty—keeping donors giving more often over a longer period of time—we need to spend more energy on giving them what they need to stay loyal to your cause.
Provided that your buying what I’m saying, the next question will be, “Ok, so what do we need to do in order to keep our supporters loyal?” The answer is pretty simple and straightforward. Of course, getting to the information you need to make it happened can be difficult…. unless you have the technology to support it. Penelope Burke, CEO of Cygnus Applied Research, has broken this down pretty simply with statics to support. While the vast majority of donors may say they appreciate recognition, what they really want is: Prompt, personalized acknowledgement of their gifts Confirmation their gifts are being used as intended 46% of donors say they will stop giving to a charity if they don’t get quality information about how their gift is used. It is hard for them to see how they are going to make a difference if they cannot see where their money has gone Measurable results on their gift’s work prior to being asked for another contribution 93% said they would definitely give the next time they are asked provided they get meaningful information Easy enough, right? Well let’s talk about a few of the things that are working against us as well as some of the things that are shaping the current landscape. But don’t get too nervous, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Despite all that, you’re not getting a pass. You still need to acquire and cultivate supporters to survive. But the good news is it’s the responsibility of technology partners to the nonprofit sector to help, and eTapestry is here to help you succeed!
Your technology partner can provide the tools you need to support the activities that ensure the success of your strategies. Specifically, technology should help you both acquire and retain supporters by educating and engaging them as well as by inspiring them and stewarding them. eTapestry can offer you both of the tool sets for acquisition and cultivation. We call this cycle TrueCRM and it succeeds, in short, because it lets you treat supporters like individuals… even if you have millions of them to manage. TrueCRM™ Means: Creating online and offline experiences that build meaningful connections with constituents Making participation and involvement with your organization easy, fun, and compelling for supporters Providing tools that enable supporters to share stories and become deeply involved in the mission community Ensuring every interaction you have with constituents respects their entire history with your organization and demonstrates your appreciation for their involvement
TRUE CRM: Your Internet strategy should incorporate everything from your online face (website), to your online communication (email), to your online giving (ecommerce), to the heart of your system – the database . When working with our eTapestry customers on an Internet strategy, we can happily tell them there is good news, and then there is better news. The good news is that we can take any one aspect and help them implement it. The better news is that we can make all the pieces work together in a coordinated, seamless fashion offering a True CRM (constituent relationship management) Solution.
As you can see, there are many ways to interact with those who are visiting your website. You want to be able to give your visitors something but also get something from them in return. Imagine how big your donor base would be if you had the contact information for everyone who visited your website. A simple ‘ask’ is sometimes all you need.
If you build it, will they come? Having a website is first priority Key steps to building/maintaining a successful website
In our presentations and speaking opportunities around the country, we have found this to be true almost everywhere we go. We all use – and like to use – the Internet for ecommerce, but we often don’t give our donors the same opportunity.
… built, hosted, and maintained by eTapestry plus it matches the look and feel of your website.
Once the donor completes the donation page, their gift transaction is sent to our processing partner IATS-Ticketmaster, who verifies the gift and notifies the donor. All while the transaction is tracked back to your eTapestry database.
Customer Case Study
Demo – show transaction from ecomm to database and record tracking.
Additional tools include a spam analyzer to insure high deliverability, as well as a scheduler.
Surveys show one of the most common requests of fundraisers is the ability to get useful reports - easily. We provide a variety of pre-built reports – not an overwhelming number of them, but those that we know are most used by nonprofits. So lets see how they work. Say you would like to get a report of some of your top donors.
Want to learn more about your top donors? Simply conduct your search in the eTapestry database and double click on the donors name. From here you will be able to see everything about your donor, including the last time they gave, how much the gift was for, where it was allocated to, email newsletters your donor has received etc.
Part of better recordkeeping is being able to manage all the different complexities of relationships, interactions, communications, and future events. eTapestry is designed to be your central data source for all these things.
As a fundraiser, you understand the value of relationships, and the value of knowing how donors are connected so we have created relationship links for each account in your database.
That link lets you identify – and see – who this account has a relationship with. It can be any variety of relationships you see here.
Which displays a “relationship tree” allowing you to see how your database accounts are connected to each other. If you are doing major gift fundraising, this is essential to your success.
This quote explains the exact idea behind our journal page. The journal page details every interaction I have had with an account
We have all been using Microsoft Outlook for years in our daily emails. We have simplified the communication efforts when using eTapestry with our Outlook Integration offering. This module allows you verify the account you are communicating with and the communication it is automatically added to the appropriated journal in your eTapestry database directly from Outlook.
From this page I can add new items regarding contacts with this account. In this case I see I had a lunch meeting with John and I need to schedule a follow-up. So I choose calendar item from my list…
… and it allows me to set an appointment for a follow up meeting.
My calendar events also display on my welcome page when I log in, alerting me to the activities I have scheduled.
Excel is not a database!!!
We have talked a lot about the cultivation process and relationship management but equally important is data services. All the relationship building in the world isn’t going to get you the donations needed to be successful if you don’t have accurate data. eTapestry has teamed up with the experts of data service, Target Analytics, to offer you first class tools. 1. Donor Acquisition and Development We can help you not only keep more of your current donors, but help you find new ones and build lifelong relationships. 2. Prospect Research There are a lot of suspects in your database. How do you know which are the best prospects for you? Our prospect segmentation and wealth identification services can remove the guesswork. 3. Donor Performance and Benchmarking How do your donors measure up? Whether you want to see how you’ve done so far with DonorCentrics, how you compare to the industry with the National Index, or plan for the future with our Scenario Builders, we can help you find the answers. 4. Data Enrichment Services Keeping up with your donors can be a full-time job. We’re here to help with services that cover the spectrum from updating your contact info to identifying matching gifts you might be missing.
Now that you know all about the tools that can help you succeed in your fundraising efforts we have award winning support specialist that can answer any of the questions you may have while utilizing all these tools. Not to mention for your convenience we have several ways to contact your customer support representative.
The foundation for good support however, is good training. We developed our training programs to be very different from traditional software training. Instead of force feeding you as much information as possible in a short classroom setting, we do our training online. It allows you to learn at a pace that suits you. It allows you to select the specific areas you need to focus on, and it gives you unlimited access. (review class options)
With Personal Fundraising you take advantage of viral fundraising (one of the fastest growing and easiest ways to raise funds) by creating events/fundraisers/projects in eTapestry that generate a website where individuals who support your organization can create a team, support a cause, make a donation, etc. all by creating their own personal webpage and sending the link to family and friends.
You have an option to register teams, create a team, join a team…
Team: You can create your own text for what your events is about, even including pictures Participant: And your participants can create their own fundraising pages. Creation of a Personal Fundraising site generates a unique URL link that your participants can sent out to their friends and family who will then go online and give a donation. The donations are automatically entered into you eTapestry database and the thermometer on the page is updated to reflect how much has been raised in relation to the goal.
Your organization, the team and/or the individual can keep up to date with their own fundraising pages to monitor the progress. In addition to events like a 5k race, some common uses of the fundraising modules are small fundraisers held by your supporters, missionary support and special campaigns.
The Cart allows you to manage your inventory within your eTapestry database and create web pages you can link to your own website for individuals to purchase your merchandise. Creating your inventory is simple and manageable within your eTapestry database.
Items purchased are collected into a checkout screen for your donor/customers review.
And they receive a receipt that looks like a sales order while you get the transaction recorded in your database with segmented lines for each piece of the transaction. New phase – able to handle additional monetary donations, free transactions, deductable and non-deductible transactions….
Donor Login is a self service product that allows your donors to have a username/password which gives them access to their contact information and giving history.
Your donors can send their updated information directly to you.
and they can make online gifts from the giving history summary,
Your donors can make a donation to you from this page including entering credit card information. In addition, if you have any sort of membership/alumni/groups that would need to find each other there is a member look up piece you can activate. Just search on given criteria… Once found they can send them a secure email directly from this page.
We have used the word “TrueCRM” a lot through out this presentation, I hope now that you have a better understanding of what CRM is and we have successful shown you how eTapestry can help provide this solution. To Recap, TrueCRM is a single solution, one that combines these components into one so you can cross-reference this information, eliminate data silos, and really start to use this information and knowledge you are gaining to better align your strategies with where you want to be in the future. It’s important to note though that this integration is not merely data flowing back and forth between your data base, website donors etc. As demonstrated, it’s what you do with the knowledge you gain and how you turn it into action that makes an impact. Let me show you an example of True CRM and how important it is to see a complete, holistic view of your supporters.
Curiosity is a powerful motivating force. Particularly in this economy, where organizations are all wondering if they’re weathering the storm better or worse than their peers. Our new campaign taps into that inherent curiosity, with the promise of seeing how you measure up. <notes for presenter> Go to live webpage for eTap promo and submit a request for benchmark reporting Run a mock report to show quickness and accountability of the reporting.
<Notes for presenter> run through promo
1. Embracing Technology as a Nonprofit eTapestry Prospect Seminar Andy Zellers 02/10/2010
2. Agenda: <ul><li>The economy and fundraising </li></ul><ul><li>Why you need a technology partner </li></ul><ul><li>Cornerstone strategies </li></ul><ul><li>Building a strategic solution with eTapestry </li></ul><ul><li>One stop shop guarantees </li></ul><ul><li>How eTapestry can help you succeed </li></ul><ul><li>Raise more money guarantee </li></ul>
3. How is the economy effecting giving?
4. How is the economy effecting giving? <ul><li>Donors plan to give less through direct mail, telemarketing, door-to-door canvassing and MORE through online giving and in kind gifts instead of cash </li></ul><ul><li>Overall Online Gifts have increased 26% in 2008 </li></ul><ul><li>Donors are tired </li></ul><ul><li>More competition for fewer dollars </li></ul><ul><li>Your services are needed more </li></ul><ul><li>Increase need for accountability </li></ul><ul><li>THE MORE PEOPLE DO WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION, THE LARGER THEIR GIVING AND ENGAGEMENT! </li></ul>
5. 5 Reasons You Need a Software Solution <ul><li>You need to move beyond business as usual; despite the economic climate </li></ul><ul><li>You need to drive results </li></ul><ul><li>You need greater efficiencies </li></ul><ul><li>You need increased productivity </li></ul><ul><li>You need greater reporting </li></ul>
6. The basic rules still apply… <ul><li>Fundraising is still about relationship building </li></ul><ul><li>Acquisition Cultivation </li></ul>
7. <ul><li>Today’s environment is a little different: </li></ul><ul><li>Acquisition Cultivation </li></ul>
8. Who’s Behind the Money?
9. So, what do you need to do to keep your supporters loyal? <ul><li>Prompt, personalized acknowledgement </li></ul><ul><li>Confirmation that gifts are being used as intended </li></ul><ul><li>Results on outcomes, prior to being asked again </li></ul>
10. So how do you succeed? And how can eTapestry help? Acquisition Cultivation
11. Building out your strategy: Acquisition Cultivation
13. Websites: <ul><li>eTapestry has built and hosts over 270 websites </li></ul><ul><li>Your website is the first place a donor will go to get information on your organization and it takes less than a minute to gain or loose a possible donor </li></ul>
14. Do you have an online social media strategy? What is happening when? Get involved Donate online Contact us Upcoming events
15. Keys to Building a Successful Web Site <ul><li>Learn from your content </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Start with Google Analytics to see how many unique visitors you have, how they found you </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>What did they viewed, where they stayed the longest, and what content produced actions </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Make your content easy to consume </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Always offer RSS feeds in addition to various subscribe options. Make sure they are easy to find and use </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Make your content ever changing </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Be brave enough to blog, show responses, share viewpoints, and utilize forums. New information needs to be added daily or weekly by you and your community. Why do you think millions go to Facebook or Twitter by the minute </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Make your site easy to find </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Every NPO and those serving NPO’s should have a social web presence. Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and Flickr are your outposts linking back to the web site hub! </li></ul></ul>
16. Did you know? <ul><li>Over 95% of Internet users will give a donation via the web this year </li></ul><ul><li>But…. Only 40% of nonprofit organizations offer an online donation page </li></ul>
17. eTapestry can provide you with a simple link on your current website that will connect your donors to an online giving page (were those 95% of internet users will be looking to donate)
18. Where the donor will complete the online giving page
19. The gift is automatically processed and tracked through your database and the donor is notified and thanked for the successful transaction
20. The results <ul><li>Convenience for the donor </li></ul><ul><li>Gift is automatically deposited and put to use by the nonprofit </li></ul><ul><li>Automatically recorded in your eTapestry database </li></ul><ul><li>Donor is acknowledge and thanked immediately which makes the donor more likely to continue to give to your organization </li></ul><ul><li>Clean accurate data/results </li></ul>
21. Show me the MONEY! <ul><li>After selecting eTapestry in 2008, One Brick was able to increase its annual giving goal by $10,000. The goal was attained and then surpassed by $6,000. </li></ul><ul><li>The eTapestry solution has enabled staff to send emails from the CRM solution and increase the organization's reach. </li></ul>
22. Are your website and database integrated? <ul><li>Integration directly into your database </li></ul><ul><li>Requires no additional manual entry </li></ul><ul><li>Customizable </li></ul>
23. Online giving with recurring gifts <ul><li>Process recurring gifts directly from your eCommerce webpage </li></ul><ul><li>Integration directly into your eTapestry database for seamless thank you notes and donor recognition. </li></ul>
24. Recurring Gifts <ul><li>Donors become investors </li></ul><ul><li>Steady stream of incoming funds </li></ul><ul><li>Larger amounts in total </li></ul><ul><li>Amounts are more manageable by the donors </li></ul><ul><li>Key ingredient to sustaining long term donors and constituent loyalty </li></ul>
25. Email: <ul><li>Our advanced email solution provides a fully integrated email tool that includes spam checking and scheduling </li></ul>
26. Did you know? <ul><li>Email cultivation is more effective and cost efficient in reaching your supporters. </li></ul><ul><li>So why would you pay more (direct mail) to get less? </li></ul>
27. What does fully integrated mean to you? <ul><li>At eTapestry it means giving you everything you need to be successful in your email campaigns. And what good is a campaign if you can’t measure your results? </li></ul><ul><li>Our detailed email delivery reports will provide everything you need to measure your results </li></ul>
28. What does fully integrated mean to you?
29. The importance of reporting:
30. The importance of reporting: <ul><li>Drill down capabilities </li></ul>
31. The importance of reporting: <ul><li>Since we know how important reporting is, we will guarantee you better recordkeeping abilities with our advanced reporting module. </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Event Attendees </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Email Communication </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Family/Business Tracking </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Estate Value </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Volunteer Hours </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Donor/Prospect Interactions </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Grant Due Date </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Occupation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Memorial Tributes </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Renewals </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Gender </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Future Cultivation Strategy </li></ul></ul>
32. Relationship Management:
33. Relationship Management:
34. Relationship Management:
35. Relationship Management | Contacts
36. Relationship Management | Outlook Integration
37. Relationship Management | Outlook Integration
38. Relationship Management | Outlook Integration
39. Relationship Management | Outlook Integration
40. Database = Fundraising Tool <ul><li>Only works if used by all </li></ul><ul><li>Must be consistent and accurate </li></ul><ul><li>Technology makes it easier to do your job! </li></ul>
41. Data Services <ul><li>Donor Acquisition and Development </li></ul><ul><li>Prospect Research </li></ul><ul><li>Donor Performance and Benchmarking </li></ul><ul><li>Data Enrichment Services </li></ul>
42. Support <ul><li>Email </li></ul><ul><li>Online Help </li></ul><ul><li>Instant Messaging </li></ul><ul><li>Telephone </li></ul>
43. Training – eTapestry will help you meet and exceed your goals <ul><li>User training at your pace and convenience </li></ul><ul><li>Annual Training Agreement </li></ul><ul><li>Recorded Sessions/Classes </li></ul><ul><li>Crash Courses </li></ul><ul><li>Podcasts </li></ul>
44. What’s New? <ul><li>eTapestry Mobile </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Included with your eTapestry service </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Specifically formatted for mobile use </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Fast </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Real time information – no syncing or downloading </li></ul></ul>
45. What’s New | Personal Fundraising
46. What’s New | Personal Fundraising
47. What’s New | Personal Fundraising <ul><li>Team page and participant page views are editable </li></ul>
48. What’s New | Personal Fundraising “ I think the personal fundraising page had a huge impact on our success.” “We've received feedback that it was very donor friendly. Thanks a lot!”
49. What’s New | Cart Module
50. What’s New | Cart Module eTapestry Database Cart Webpage
51. What’s New | Cart Module
52. What’s New | Cart Module
53. What’s New | Donor Login
54. What’s New | Donor Login
55. What’s New | Donor Login
56. What’s New | Donor Login
57. TrueCRM <ul><li>eTapestry can help you achieve </li></ul><ul><li>your fundraisings goals offering </li></ul><ul><li>you a tool for every </li></ul><ul><li>aspect of the </li></ul><ul><li>TrueCRM offering. </li></ul>Fundraising Relationships
58. So, how do you compare? <ul><li>Do you know how you stack up to other nonprofits? </li></ul><ul><li>How do you compare in areas such as donors, pledges and gifts? </li></ul><ul><li>Do you have a software partner that can provide this type of information to you? </li></ul><ul><li>Can they do it for FREE ? </li></ul><ul><li>eTapestry can, and we’ll </li></ul><ul><li>give it to you for FREE </li></ul>
59. Still not sure? Let us be your Bioluminescent Bacteria <ul><li>WE WILL BE GOOD FOR EACH OTHER OR IT IS FREE - Sign up with eTapestry, and if you don't raise more money with us than you were before, you'll get our software free for a year. </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.etapestry.com/beetle/ </li></ul>