2. But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and heasked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way. Daniel 1:8
3. Stand Firm
4. How You Envision Yourselfbecause, youre smart now...
5. How You Really Look
6. Or Maybe...
7. How I Would Look
8. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego repliedto him, "King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into theblazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majestys hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, YourMajesty, that we will not serve your godsor worship the image of gold you have set up." Daniel 3:16-18 NIV
9. Stand Out
10. The king talked with them, and he foundnone equal to Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah; so they entered the king’s service. In every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king questioned them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his whole kingdom. Daniel 1:19, 20
11. Influence At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than anyof the young men who ate the royal food.So the guard took away their choice foodand the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead. Daniel 1:15, 16 NIV
12. Wisdom When Arioch, the commander of thekings guard, had gone out to put to deaththe wise men of Babylon, Daniel spoke to him with wisdom and tact. Daniel 2:14 NIV
13. GlorifySo whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31The king said to Daniel, "Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kingsand a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery." Daniel 2:47 NIV
14. Stand Back
15. Nebuchadnezzar then approached the opening of the blazing furnace and shouted, "Shadrach, Meshach andAbednego, servants of the Most High God, come out! Come here!" So Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came out of the fire, Daniel 3:26 NIV
16. and the satraps, prefects, governors and royal advisers crowded around them. They saw that the fire had not harmedtheir bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them. Daniel 3:27 NIV
17. Then Nebuchadnezzar said, "Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel andrescued his servants! They trusted in himand defied the kings command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God. Daniel 3:28 NIV