1. John Mancini President, AIIM Twitter and LinkedIn = Jmancini77 Blog = DigitalLandfill.orgInformation Opportunities in theSocial, Local & Mobile Era
2. The Chessboard Fable
3. Engagement is the Objective.
5. Systems of Engagement Social and  Era Mainframe Mini PC Internet Cloud Systems of Record Years 1960‐1975 1975‐1992 1992‐2001 2001‐2009 2010‐2015 Typical  A batch  A dept A  An  thing  A web page trans process document interaction managedBest known  Digital  IBM Microsoft Google Facebook company Equipment Social  Content  Image  Document  Content  Microfilm Business mgmt focus Mgmt Mgmt Mgmt Systems
10. Every Revolution Needs a Manifesto – and a Marx
11. "A child of five wouldunderstand this. Sendsomeone to fetch a childof five.” AIIM.org/OccupyIT – FREE eBook
12. Our Demands.
13. #1 – Commit to the Cloud.
14. #1 – Commit to the Cloud.1. 60 percent of organizations are ready to embrace cloud computing. [IBM CIO Survey]2. The market for virtual private cloud solutions will grow from $7.5 billion in 2011 to $66.4 billion in 2020. [Forrester]3. However, 1/3 of organizations still unlikely to use cloud-based or SaaS solutions. [AIIM]
15. #2 – Mobilize Everything.
16. #2 – Mobilize Everything.1. 67% of organizations believe mobile important or very important to shaping processes. [AIIM]2. The median organization that has “mobilized” a process responds 2.7X faster. [AIIM]3. However, 76% of organizations have no mobile processes. [AIIM]4. Only 2.5% of the processes that could be mobile are. [AIIM]
17. #3 – Make the Business Social.
18. #3 – Make the Business Social.1. 70% of young professionals have “friended” either their colleagues, their manager, or both. [Cisco]2. 68% of young professionals believe that company-issued devices should be available for both work and play. [Cisco]3. 51% of organizations consider social business to be “Imperative” or “Significant” [AIIM]
19. #4 – Digitize Anything That Moves.
20. #4 – Digitize Anything That Moves.1. The median cost to process a paper invoice is still > $9. [AIIM]2. 52% of organizations have yet to adopt any automated AP systems. [AIIM]3. Median % of processes that could be paper free that actually are = 14%. [AIIM]4. 45% of documents that are scanned are “born digital” [AIIM]
21. #5 - Prepare for Extreme Information Management.
22. #5 - Prepare for Extreme Information Management.1. The amount of information will grow by 44X by 2020 and the # of containers by 67X. [IDC]2. The # of IT staff will grow by 1.4X [IDC]3. Two-thirds of organizations have an Information Management Strategy, only 22% use it. [AIIM]4. 79% of organizations have an Information Retention policy, but only 32% enforce it. [AIIM]
23. The Revolution will be led by a new breed ofInformation Professional.
24. Not just IT.
25. Not just Process People.
26. Not just Lawyers.
27. Not just Records Managers.
28. These are Information professionals. IT Legal professional Risk/Liability  Records Manager Focus Digital Archivist Business Process Owners Professionals Information  Value Focus Business Analyst Knowledge Manager Information/Data Scientist Ent Information Manager Governance Focus Info/Data Stewards Ent Information Architect Social Focus Information Curators Community Managers Most roles from Deb Logan and Regina Casonata, Gartner
29. The demand for information professionals will grow by 50% by 2015.Information Professionals can put these skills inCONTEXT.
30. Information Professionals Matter.AIIM.org/certification
31. Join the Revolution on Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/occupyITmanifesto