2. What’s It All About:Whether it’s typed as Google+ or Google Plus, it’s one of the newersocial networks created by the gods of Google and started on June 28th,2011.
3. How It All Began…Google+ is actually not the first but fourth-generation social networkmade by Google. Before there was Orkut (2004), Google Friends Connect(2008), and Google Buzz (2010); each having a little bit of it insideGoogle+. Google+’s release on June 28, 2011 started as a beta phase, byway of invitation only. Eventually, invitation only was dropped due tohigh volume of account sign-ups and on September 20, 2011, Google+was opened to everyone 18 years of age or older without the need for aninvitation.
4. What TheCritics Say:When Google+ first cameout, many online usersthought it was Google’sway of finally competingwith Facebook.Fun Fact: Mark Zuckerbergironically was the mostfollowed user on Google+on July 7, 2011, he wasestimated to have a100,000 followers by July14th. And then there wasTom from MySpace…
5. Cool Stuff On Google+Circles: Google+ presents a differentway of adding people, through circles.You can put someone into one of your“circles” by drag-and-drop interface.You can also modify your circles toyour desire (i.e. family, friends, etc.)and the names in these circles will onlybe seen by you.Hangouts: You can do group videochat that allows up to 10 people tovideo chat at the same time. As ofSeptember 20, 2011 you can now alsodo “Mobile Hangouts” through phonesthat have Android 2.3+ and have front-facing cameras. This feature wouldalso allow people to share documentswith others.
6. PRIVACY!!!Compared to Facebook, thebeauty of Google+ is that itallows users to customizetheir privacy settings, thisincludes circles as well. Thatmeans you can allow certainfriends to see particular partsof your information and makethem see your profile to yourown comfort level. So while itwas estimated that MarkZuckerberg would have100,000 followers at somepoint, in honest truth we justdon’t know who is possibly inhis circles.