2. About Hilton HotelsThe most recognized Hotels Corporationcompany.Hilton Hotels stands as the stylish, forwardthinking global leader of hospitality.Today Hilton welcomes guests with 3,897 hotelsand resorts in 91 countries.It was founded by Conrad Hilton in Cisco, Texasin 1919 .
3. Keys peopleConrad Nicholson Hilton William Barron Hilton I Richard Howard "Rick" Hilton
4. It all started in 1919, when Conrad Hilton boughthis first hotel. Since then, Hilton have led theindustry with their -• innovation• approach to products• amenities and service.1927opens its first hotel (the Waco Hilton)1947Roosevelt Hilton was the 1sthotel in the world to install televisions19481st to introduce a multi-hotel reservationssystem.1950Hilton creates its 1st special amenity forfemale travelers1963Hilton opens its first airport hotel (SF)and pioneers the airport hotel concept.1973Hilton develops the first centralizedreservation service using computertechnology, a breakthrough in customer service.
5. 1987Hilton introduces its guest loyaltyprogram, Hilton HHonors.
6. Hilton hotel brandsThe company owns, manages, and/or franchisesa portfolio of brands which includes …
8. • Many of Hiltons properties are franchised toindependent operators and companies.– The Hampton Inn brand is virtually 100%franchised.• The practice of franchising is popular within theHospital industry .• Most of Hiltons flagship properties, airportproperties, and largest resorts however arecorporate managed.Franchising
9. LOYALTY MANAGEMENT PROGRAMSHILTON HHONORS PROGRAM
11. • Only 41% of consumers use hotels over night.Three segments of customers:• Business segments• Convention segments• Leisure segmentsCONSUMERS
12. Normal flow between hotel and customer
13. Sector targeted by HILTON HHONORS PROGRAM
14. B2B flow between HILTON and every sectors targeted
15. Collaborating with partners• Airlines• Car Rentals• Cellular / Online• Cruises• Shopping & Dining• Mortgage & Real Estate• Rail Travel• Bank (American express)
16. Four tiers of membership Blue Silver Gold Diamond
17. BLUE• To become a Blue-level member of Hilton HHonors®, allyou need to do is enroll online, at an HHonors hotel or bycalling.• HSW credited 10 points per eligible dollar of folio.• Guests earned mileage in partner airline frequent flyerprograms.• Members earned points by renting a car, using the Hiltoncredit card from American express.
18. SILVER• Members awarded silver VIP status if stayed for morethan four times in a year• Benefits are:• Earned 15% bonus on base points• obtained after 4 stays or 10 nights.• 10000 point discount when they claimed a rewardcosting 100000 points.
19. GOLD• Members awarded Gold VIP status if stayed for morethan 16 times in a year,• Benefits are 25% bonus on base points• obtained after 16 stays, 36 nights, or 60,000 base points.• 20000 point discount when they claimed a rewardcosting 100000 points.• Certificated for the best room in the hotel after every 5thstay.
20. DIAMOND• obtained after 28 stays, 60 nights, or 100,000 basepoints.• Acquired more bang, more affinity, more vestingfrom customers if you do something un expected.
21. (obtained after 16 stays, 36 nights,or 60,000 base points)Blue (obtained upon enrollment)Diamond VIP (obtained after 28 stays, 60nights, or 100,000 base points)Silver VIP (obtained after 4 stays or 10nights)
22. • There are more ways to use Hhonors.– to book or upgrade to any room.– By using a combination of points and money to bookrooms, and reward points even faster.– partnerships with airlines, credit cards, and retailersprovide hundreds of ways to earn points on everydaypurchases..
23. RELATION WITH THE GUESTS• This program let the most valuable guests to berecognized on-property.• After visit calling.• Feedback groups in addition with focus groups• Maintenance of guest profile
24. Swot Of Hilton Brands• Strengths– Technical innovations– Higher brand recognition makes the company prioritychoice for clients– Global presence and strong brand portfolio– Professional Standards• Weaknesses– High leverage combined with downgrade– Weak financial performance affecting the company
25. Swot Of Hilton Brands• Threats– September 11th was a major blow to the hotel industry. Asimilar event could result in another down turn.– Competition• Opportunities– Spas that specialize in personal services– Personal trainers– Gaming activities would escape regulation, etc.– Take advantage of emerging markets, especially withbusiness class and mid-priced markets
26. COMPETITIONFour global brands dominated business class Hotelmarkets. Hilton Hyatt Intercontinental Marriot
27. Hilton in popular culture• Many actual Hilton hotel properties around theworld have also been featured in various Hollywoodfilms.• The popular Hilton HHonors guest loyalty programwas featured in the 2009 film Up in the Air.