Affiliate Marketing 101
NOTE: Please read the FTC Guidelines for affiliate
What is an Affiliate Marketing?
An Internet-based system where you as
an affiliate get paid commissions for
referring products and services to
Why Affiliate Marketing Is Important for
• You can earn commissions 24 hours a day.
• No setup fees no hassle.
• You can earn from 4% to 75% commissions.
• More products and services with little risk involved.
• You do this on part time, spare time or full time basis.
How an affiliate marketing program
- Sign up for Merchant’s affiliate program.
- Get a link with an affiliate code.
- Send traffic to your affiliate links.
- Customer clicks your affiliate link to visit merchant's website
- Customer purchase products.
- Merchant tracks your affiliate code.
- Merchant sends payments.
- Merchant will generate report of traffic to your affiliate links.
Types Of Affiliate Commissions
• Commissions Per Sale
• Commissions Per Lead
• Commissions Per Click
• Commissions can be a flat fee
• Commissions can be a percentage of sale
Search engine optimization (SEO)
is the process of influencing the
visibility of a web page in a search
engine's organic search results.
Affiliate Marketing Tips For Bloggers
• Research your target market.
• Chose the right affiliate network.
• Sign up with an affiliate program.
• Promote within your blog posts.
• Optimize your posts with On-Site SEO
• Stay consistent because it will take time.
• Keep learning news tools and strategies.
• Test, track and keep trying.