PLANNING AND RESEARCH We researched are target audience because in the prelim we didn’t really have a specific audiencetherefore we needed to do some research into what audience are normally into thrillers and we found outthat 18-35 year olds should be our target audience. We researched into our storyboard because in are prelim we didn’t really think about it and we madea quick decision where as in the final film we knew it had to be a good story otherwise it wouldn’t workso we created a digital storyboard on how the final film is going to be like and in this storyboard weincluded the shots we were going to use in detail compared to the prelim we didn’t go into detail.
THE CAMERA WORK In our final film we included a lot more close ups because in the prelim we received feedback thatthere was not enough close ups and it is’nt detailed enough therefore we decided to include close ups inour final film. In the final film we also used tracking whilst the actress was on the way to her office however in theprelim we didn’t use any tracking, this was because we didn’t really know how to track safely. In the final film we also used panning from a distance to get shots of the scenery however in theprelim we tried to do panning but we didn’t do it with a tripod so it was very unsteady and shaky sodidn’t look very good. In the final film panning we used a tripod so was much easier.
LIGHT COMPARISON As we filmed our final film outside and inside we used naturallight at the start where as in our prelim it was just set in a room sowe used the lamp light. Where we set are final film we used anoffice and in that office there was around 5 light switches so wecould have some on and some off to make the lighting betterwhere as in are prelim we only had 2 lights so it would be eitherdark or very bright.
SOUND COMPARISON In are prelim we used music from youtube and didn’t create it ourselves becausewe were not that confident with soundtrack pro and we ran out of time. We decidedto get a james bond soundtrack from youtube. We improved this in our final film bycreating are own sounds with included non diegetic sounds and foley sounds. Weused soundtrack pro because we had learned to use it properly and according to ourfootage that’s how we decided what sounds to use such as the knock on doors.Compared to our prelim we just used diegetic sound even though it was quiet, thisdidn’t really our prelim any good.
EDITING SKILLS In our prelim it was pretty basic when it came down to editing we just selected clipsand put them together but we still edited however not in detail for example we didn’t useany cross cuts or match cuts even though we tried to it was just a case of that we didn’thave the right camera shots to do it. Compared to our final film we didn’t really have asmuch footage but it was the editing process that got us through it as we used transitionsfrom each scene and we also used cross cuts and match cuts. In the editing process of arefinal film we used final cut pro same as we did in the prelim however in the final film wewent in to much more detail and included a range of transitions and also titles and alsothe sound we editied whereas we didn’t in our prelim.
M I S E E N S C E N E C O M PA R I S O N In the prelim our mise en scene wasn’t really good as we were not organised and didn’t have a properlocation, we wanted a casino setting but instead we used a classroom. Also the costumes of the prelim were notany good as we were just wearing normal casual clothes and not a suit or tux which you would expect normalpoker players to be wearing. Compared to are final film we took a lot of consideration into are Mise en scenebecause we knew where we went wrong and this made it easier. In the final film we needed a good office so wemanaged to contact an owner of an office and use that for the day as we didn’t want to use a college office as itwas too small. The office we used was perfect. Also for costumes we improved a lot, we got the main characterwho was a detective to wear a suit which made her look like a detective instead of wearing normal clothes weneeded her too look well dressed. Final film props were also perfect as they were already in the office so we madeit look as real as possible. The one problem we came across was in the the prelim and that is that the sunglasses wewere using broke so we had to improvise and still use them but it didn’t really look right. We didn’t have anyproblems with props in the final film.
THE TITLES We researched the conventional orders of a typical thriller opening as we did notinclude titles in are prelim. We done this by the use of youtube and teaching materials onthe candi blog. We found the order and then included titles onto the final film. In the finalfilm we used narrative titles where the titles of the film come up whilst the film is stillbeing played, we decided to do this because it creates a flow to the film as we didn’t thinkstand alone titles would have this effect. When doing the titles for the final film we had tochange the font size and colour, we changed the font size because it didn’t really stand outand we also had to change the colour because at first it was blurred into the backgroundand it was hard to see when receiving are feedback.