1. Mobile Learning Technologies forcommunication, assessment and content. Session 1
3. Use the text tool to record your current mood stateOn top Sparks I am Hitting Give meof the out of starting the wall the pillsworld ears to believe
4. Blended Delivery Self PacedFace to Face Facilitated
5. •Learning Support•Communication skills•Experiential stories & Groupproblem solving•Demonstration of practicalSkill •Case studies•Guest Speakers •Scenarios•Site visits •Games •Decision making trees •Demonstration of Knowledge•Webinar •Video Lecture/Software Face to Face •Industry demonstration Knowledge •Student presentations/peer •Quizzes review/Guest Speakers •Communication •Q and A sessions •Assessment clarification •Role play Forums/Blogs •Group tasks Self Paced •Individual stories •Research •Placement Online Facilitated
6. VET practitioners are increasingly using….• online quizzes, e-portfolios and simulations to gather assessment evidence• management information systems to record assessment outcomes and track and monitor candidate progress• online logs, wikis and blogs to provide and respond to assessment feedback• mobile devices to support workplace assessment• web conferencing to moderate assessment processes and outcomes.• Voice tools to support learners with low literacy
7. Project - Mobile learning technologiesYour project can include one or more of the following:•Course communication portal for remote support and discussion based assessment•Assessment evidence capture using audio, video, text•Mobile course content•Student productivity tools for capturing web resources, sharing files, web bookmarks, developing virtual assessment responses
8. Project SpacesWe will use 2 communication and content hubs:Moodle - resources, links, help guideshttps://ubonline.ballarat.edu.au/login/index.phpMahara - project blog, project reflectionshttp://medusa.ballarat.edu.au/eportfolio/
9. UB Moodle
10. UB Mahara
11. Collecting evidence -Evernote• Combines text, audio and images as "notes" that can be shared with trainer
12. iPadio• ipadio combines the telephone with the blog to create an audio “phonecast” which is streamed Live to the Internet. You can phonecast from any phone, anywhere in the world - no need for a computer or even access to the Internet.• Learner can call in their responses via phone call. iPadio then converts the audio into a blog post accessible online. No software or app is required by the caller.
13. ActivityLets Phlog! Self Paced Face to Face Facilitated
14. Phlogging exampleWhat is the biggest challenge you face in using blended delivery withyour learners? How can you overcome this?• Use your mobile• Call 1800-802569• Enter registered number 1161409317625 or 1161353317625• Enter PIN – 5676• Talk when prompted• When finished access at http://www.ipadio.com/phlogs/MichaelGwyther/
15. Phone apps•iPadio http://www.ipadio.com/•FiRe iPhone only
17. Hosted or cloud audio•Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com•Podomatic http://www.podomatic.com
18. ActivitySound Cloud Self Paced Face to Face Facilitated
19. Sound Cloud•Download the app from the Apple App store or AndroidMarketplace•Set up an account at http://soundcloud.com/ ordirectly from the app•Record a sound file directly into your app on yourphone. Answer your thoughts about “ways I can useaudio with students for assessment, group work orcontent”….•If you have Wi-Fi, upload to your account from thephone•Find the embed code on your account on the web•Paste your sound file into a blog post in Mahara.
20. ActivityProject Plan Self Paced Face to Face Facilitated
21. ProjectYour project can include one or more of the following:•Course communication portal for remote support and discussion based assessment•Assessment evidence capture using audio, video, text•Mobile course content•Student productivity tools for capturing web resources, sharing files, web bookmarks, developing virtual assessment responses
22. ActivityIn small groups with your teaching colleaguesbrain storm possible projects within your team.This will give you the opportunity to test a fewdifferent approaches in your team.
23. ActivityJoin Yammer Self Paced Face to Face Facilitated
24. Communication Yammer
25. DropboxDropbox is a file hosting system that offerscloud storage and file synchronisation andworks on multiple operating systems andmobile deviceshttps://www.dropbox.com/
26. Dropbox•2GB Storage Free Benefits of Dropbox in•Instantaneous learningsynchronisation of files•Files can be emailed •Distribution anddirectly to your Dropbox submission of materialswith “Send to Dropbox” and resources•Files can be shared or •Collaboration on projectsmade public at different locations and•Undo option can be timesreversed under 30 days •Essential files get backed•Files can be accessed from upany computer or mobile •File history is available fordevice with internet viewing or retrievingconnection •Create links in resources to an online example