UNIVERSITY ST.KLIMENT OHRIDSKI-BITOLA REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
... ЧЛЕНКИ НА УКЛО (1) PRIUM – Promoting a Model of Integrated University in the Republic of Macedonia EXCHANGE OF BEST PRACTICE SEMINAR Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje 12-13 November 2008 Prof.d-r Zlatko Zhoglev, Rector ,, From fragmentatiot to integration ,,
TWO OF THEM ARE COMPLETELY CENTRALISED/INTEGRATED (THE STATE UNIVERSITY IN TETOVO AND THE UNIVERSITY GOCE DELCEV-STIP) WHERE AS THE OTHER TWO ARE IN THE PHASE OF TRANSFER FROM FRAGMENTIZED TO INTEGRATED UNIVERSITY (SS. CYRIL AND METHODIUS AND THE UNIVERSITY ST.KLIMENT OHRIDSKI)
THE CONDITION OF THE PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES IN R. of MACEDONIA (MODELS-1) :
( students enrolled in the first year) .................................. 10518 students
AREAS TECHNICAL SCIENCES ( Technical, Biotechnical faculty ) 3001 student Social sciences ( Faculty of education, FAMIS, Tourism and hospitality, Police academy, Faculty of economics ) 6278 students Humanitarian sciences ( Higher medical school ) 1239 students
( students enrolled in the first year) .................................. 3011 students
AREAS TECHNICAL SCIENCES ( Technical, Biotechnical faculty , Technological-technical faculty) 748 students Social sciences ( Faculty of education, FAMIS, Tourism and hospitality, Faculty of security, Faculty of economics ) 2002 students Humanitarian sciences ( Higher medical school ) 261 student
FUNCTIONS/ACTIVITIES OF THE UNIVERSITY AND COMMITMENTS AGAINST THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Within its functioning the university participates in establishing of the Program of realization and development of higher education activities in RM. The University integrates its units functions (functional integration) and by its organs it provides concordant functioning of all the units by performing activities determined by the Law and Statute of the University)
LAW ON HIGHER EDUCATION ( official gazette of RM no. 35/2008 ) - 1
- ”Organizational university unit” is an internal organizational form of the university organized according the statute of the university or by a decision, or general act based on the statute of the university for whose commitments is responsible the university which organized it.
LAW ON HIGHER EDUCATION ( official gazette of RM no. 35/2008 ) – 2
LAW ON HIGHER EDUCATION ( official gazette of RM no. 35/2008 ) – 3
RECTOR’S AUTHORISATION AGAINST HIS RESPONSIBILITY
The Rector has 14 authorisations within the frames of managing the University
- He is obliged to submit a Report on his work and the work of the university at least once a year to the Senate, University Council and the founder
If the Senate does not accept the Report then a procedure for dismissal of the Rector of the University is conducted.
- A basic act of the university is the Statute. It helps to manage the internal organization, the way of performing the higher education activity, authorization and the way of functioning, decision making and other issues significant for the higher education activity
- A university unit has a regulation book prepared according the Statute of the University which regulates the internal relations and units functioning.
- The Statute of the University is accorded by the Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia.
- The Regulation book of each unit is accorded by the University Senate.