PART ONE-LISTENING/PEAKINGInstructions: In this part of the test you willlisten to a dialogue. You will then listen to aquestion and four possible answers. You mustselect the answer that best answers each question.
DIALOGUE ONE: Ana: Hi, Luis! Where are you going? Luis: Hey Ana! I’m going to the library. There’s a book fair going on. Ana: Cool! I love reading! Can I go with you? Luis: Sure you can. Ana: I really like reading about the planets and outer space. Luis: Wow, me too. We can share the books we buy. Ana: Good idea Luis. Let’s go.
1. Where is Luis going? a. school b. the library c. his classroom d. home
2. Why is Luis going to the library? a. to do homework b. to play with Ana c. to read a book about space d. to the book fair
3. What do Luis and Ana both like to do? a. watch TV b. play baseball c. read d. study in the library
4. What do Luis and Ana most enjoy reading about? a. animals b. plants c. geography d. space
5. What will Luis and Ana do with the books they buy? a. sell them b. give them away c. share them d. hide them
BOBBYS BIG BIRTHDAY PARTY When Bobby turned six, his mom and dad had abirthday party for him. Twenty of his closest friendsjoined in the party. Everyone wore birthday hats andhad birthday cake. The birthday cake was coloredblue and white, which are Bobbys favorite colors. As the day went on, the children played kickball inthe back yard. Bobby played first base, Sally playedoutfield, and Bobbys dad was the pitcher. At the end of the party, Bobby asked his parentsif he could have next years birthday at the zoo. Hisparents agreed and everyone cheered.
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS: 6. How old is Bobby today? a. three b. five c. six d. ten
7. About how many people came to Bobbys birthday party? a. five b. seven c. ten d. twenty
8. Which of the following is a color that Bobby really likes? a. blue b. green c. yellow d. brown
9. What game did the party members play? a. pin-the-tail b. hide and go seek c. baseball d. kickball
10. What position did Bobbys dad play in the game? a. first base b. pitcher c. shortstop d. outfield
PART TWO-READINGRead the story and answer the questions that follow.
THE NEW POOL It was a warm day. Mom and dad brought home asurprise. It was a new pool. Becky and Chuck ran toget the hose. As Becky filled the pool, she sprayedChuck. He got wet! Then Chuck sprayed their dog,Max, and their duck, Waddle. They got wet ! Chuckand Becky played in the pool. It was nice and cool. Theduck saw the water and jumped in. Max wanted toswim, and he jumped in. Chuck and Becky laughed andlaughed. “Sorry, no dogs or ducks in our pool!” saidDad, and he took the animals out.
11. Which of the following could also be a title for the story? a. Fun in the Pool b. Pets and water c. A Hot day d. Cold Water
12. Who sprayed Chuck with the water? a. Mom b. Becky c. Dad d. Waddle
13. What was the surprise for Becky and Chuck? a. a new pool b. a new dog c. a new duck d. a new hose
14. Who jumped into the pool first? a. Max b. Waddle c. Becky and Chuck d. Dad
15. Why do you think the pets wanted to swim? a. They were thirsty b. They needed a bath c. The water was nice and cool d. They thought the pool was for them
16. When will Becky and Chuck use their pool? a. when it is raining outside b. when they want to play with their pets c. in the winter d. when it is warm outside
READ THE STORY, THEN ANSWER THE QUESTIONS HAMSTERS Hamsters are animals. They are rodents. Hamsters are furry. Their fur can be black, white, brown, red, or a mix of those colors. Hamsters have short tails. Hamsters make good pets because they are easy to take care of. They do not need a lot of space. Hamsters usually live in cages that have lots of room and things to help the hamster exercise. Hamsters eat mostly fruit and nuts. Some people buy hamster mix at the pet store, which is a healthy mix of food for hamsters. Hamsters can carry food in their cheeks. Hamsters are usually active in the early morning and in the evening.
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS: 17. What kind of animal is a hamster? a. fish b. reptile c. rodent d. feline
18. What color are hamsters? a. They can be many colors b. They are black c. They are brown d. It doesn’t say
19. Hamsters are good pets because… a. They are cute b. They are easy to care for c. They are soft and furry d. They don’t eat much
20. From the story, you can guess that hamsters eat… a. steak and potatoes b. bread and butter c. apples and seeds d. eggs and bacon
PART THREE-WRITING 21. This is Antonio . _______is my friend. a. he b. she c. it d. they
22. Kathy lives _______ Main Street. a. at b. from c. on d. for
23. The children ___________ their bikes yesterday afternoon. a. ride b. rides c. riding d. rode
24. Harold is the __________boy on the basketball team. a. tallest b. tall c. taller d. more tall
25. Mom picked fresh________from the garden. a. berry b. berrys c. berryes d. berries
26. _______does your grandmother live?a. whatb. whenc. whered. why
27. I gave my sister a new pair of shoes. She loved_______! a. them b. it c. I d. her
28. Jonathan has his crayons, and I have__________. a. they b. my c. me d. mine
29. How old is your baby sister_______a. ( , )b. ( ! )c. ( ? )d. ( . )
30. The correct sentence is______a. Played the piano concert at Kevin the night last.b. The piano at the concert last night played Kevin.c. Kevin played the piano at the concert last night.d. Last night the piano Kevin played at the concert.