In 2012 Flipkart's supply chain system was re-built as a service oriented architecture with Ruby at its core.
This talk will cover our experiences designing, building and scaling a mission-critical Ruby-based system where data integrity and performance is vital.
- Dealing with cross-service transaction integrity
- JRuby - the good, bad & ugly
- Coordinating gem upgrades across multiple services
- Performance tuning to get predictable response times - taming queries, external calls, GC, locks
- Monitoring & profiling production systems
- Ruby app servers: Trinidad vs Passenger vs Unicorn
- Challenges in ramping up teams on Ruby