2. WHO IS CONSUMER?
• A consumer is a person or group
of people, such as a household,
who are the final users of
products or services. The
consumer's use is final in the
sense that the product is
usually not improved by the use.
3. CONSUMER RIGHT’S
Right to safety.
Right to information.
Right to choose.
Right to heard.
Right to redressed .
Right to consumer education.
Right to healthy environment .
Right to basic needs.
4. CONSUMER MOVEMENT
• The consumer movement
arose out of dissatisfaction of
the consumers as many unfair
practices were being indulged
in by the sellers.
• There was no legal system
available to consumer to
5. NEEDS OF CONSUMERISM
AND CONSUMER MOVEMENT
• Providing consumer education.
• Providing consumer protection.
• Building pressure on government .
• Arranging consumer protection
• Organizing public opinion.
• Providing guidance to consumer.
• Fight against marketing system
6. Where should consumers go to get
• Consumers have right to seek
redressal against unfair trade and
practices and exploitation.
• The consumer movement in India
has led to the formation of various
organization locally known as
consumer forums or consumer
protection councils. They guide
7. Duties of Consumers
8. • Apart from rights, there are certain duties
of a consumer. Consumer should be
conscious of his duties.
Buying quality products at
To check the weights and
meas-ures before making
Reading the label carefully.