2. Voxopop:is a tool that enables you to create online recorded discussions which you can set up easily and which your learners can access easily and use in ways to really maximise spoken English practice. It is a free online discussion site.http://www.voxopop.com/
3. You have to register using a valid email address..
4. Fill in the boxes to register...
5. As you can see, it is the homepage of voxopop.
6. You can start a talkgroup. Follow the next slides.
7. This page shows the talkgroup details.
8. Then, you will see this page..
9. Click ‘’create my talkgroup’’ button..
10. You can see ‘’record a new discussion’’..
11. It is ready to record now..
12. How to use it with students:
Interaction point: As a teacher, you can create a conversation where you can listen to different students, for example, introducing themselves and talking about their hobbies and families by looking at the other students’s recording. It is a good way to generate more speaking oppotunities and to maximise exposure to the language.
Intonation : You can record some words with different intonation and ask the students to listen them and try to pronounce them with the correct intonation.
Pronouncation:Record some sentences including words which have a little bit similar pronouncation and ask them to listen and try to repeat them with correct pronouncation.
Narrative building :You can record the first sentence of a narrative and then ask students to listen to the thread and add a sentence each to the story.
Comprehension check:You can record a story or something else and some questions releated to it and ask the students to answer those questions.
14. Why should it be used because:
Students can develop their speaking, pronunciation and listening skills by sharing their voices.
Voxopop only requires any computer with Internet access, microphone and speakers. That’s all you need to have.
It is accessible from anywhere.
It is easy to use.
It can be used both in class and at home.
Students can learn from their peers.
Voxopop also increases the students’s confidence in terms of recording their voice while using their speaking skill.
Voxopop also increases the students’s confidence in terms of recording their voice while using and developing their speaking and listening skill.
Teachers don’t need to have an extra tapes to grade
16. Anticipated problems in using it:
It takes ages uploading after you record your voice.
In class while a student is recording her voice, the others may laugh at him. So, as a teacher you should warn up the students about this issue.
Students may see voxopop just a game. Make them be aware of using it as a learning tool.
Microphone may not work in the class. Check whether microphone works or not before.