Build Your Brand
• Create a social media profile
• E.g: LinkedIn, Facebook, VisualCV
• A strong personal brand that portrays a professional light
• Increase positive impression
• Great way to store and post all your previous experience
Connect With Your
• Connect with everyone you know in your social
o You never know which contact MAYBE ABLE to help you with your job
search and put you in touch with someone who can
o They can give comments to justify your skill
Create a List of
• All information you need is available on the web
• Easy to find detailed information about potential
Find Job Listing
• Match your interest with an available job listing
• Target job search engine sites, job banks, company web sites,
networking sites, niche job sites etc.
• Working with a recruiter to maximize your opportunity
Target Your Resume and
• Take time to write
• Link your qualification to the hiring criteria
• Hiring manager should be able to see, at glance , WHY ? HOW?
Your should be hired
• Better letter and resume = Higher hiring rate
Ace The Interview
• Research the company
o Who would you be speaking to
o Know a little about them , to have a good first impression
• Dress appropriately
• Practice answering
• Asking interview questions
• Make a concerted effort to impress the interviewer with your
• Its important to thank everyone you met with
o Also reiterate your interest in this position
o Remind the hiring manager your are an excellent candidate for the job.
• If you receive an offer, it is important to carefully evaluate the
o Make an educated decision to accept/reject
o Which ever your decision is , do so politely
Why is it important?
• It might save your life *pay attention*
• Proper training is a MUST
o For Injury prevention
o Be aware of potential hazard in workplace
• You need to help others in becoming aware
• You need to know what protection and
compensation are available to you
3 Rights Employee’s Have
• To know
• To participate
• To refuse
• Provide a safe and healthy workplace
• Train employees on potential hazards
• Ensure employees have the required certification
• Correct unsafe actions and conditions
• Ensure protective equipment is available
• Report and investigate all accidents and incidents
• Know and comply with all regulations
• Protect yourself, your co-workers and member of
the public who may be affected by your actions
• Report unsafe actions and unsafe conditions to your
• Use protective equipment as required by the
• Report any accident, incident, or illness
immediately to your employer.
• Doyle, A. (n.d.). Ten steps to find a job .
• Government of Canada. (2013, 06 18).
Workplace safety . Retrieved from
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.