2. …“The word blog is derived from thecombination of the two words, web andlog. Blogs are virtual diaries created byindividuals and stored on the Internet.Blogs generally consist of text andimages and can appear in a calendar typeformat.”
3. … is a discussion or informationsite published on the World WideWeb consisting of discrete entries("posts") typically displayed in reversechronological order so the most recentpost appears first.
4. … Organized content in short“posts” or articles, which aredisplayed in a reverse chronologicalorder and tend to contain personalopinions as well as facts.
6. Boingboing. A directory of wonderful things.Is amultiauthor blog with many posts a day.Engadget and Gizmo. These two blogs cover the latest electronicgadgets such as cellphones, digital cameras, gamingdevice, laptop, computers, and much more.
7. …Daily Kos State of the Nation. founded by MarkosMoulitsas. This is a U.S. political blog with a decidedliberal slant. Has a somewhat unique feature in that readerscan create their own posts in so-called diaries. Has a somewhat unique feature in that readerscan create their own posts in so-called diaries. It functions as a discussion forum and group blogfor a variety of netroots activists, whose efforts areprimarily directed toward influencing and strengtheningthe Democratic Party.
8. …Google Blog The official Google blog, which advertises“Googler insights into product and technology newsand our culture”Scobleizer By Microsoft’s Robert Scoble.You’ll find many posts a day on everything related toMicrosoft and the high technology industry.
9. …Seth’s Blog Contains profilic author Godin’scomments on marketing, the internet, andmore.Dooce A hilarious blog that describesHeather’s life.
10. Name/Title A blog will typically have a name displayedon top, which may or may not be descriptive.Description Often include a descriptive subtitle.Example, The Ted Rap says: Ted Demopoulos’sthoughts and musings on Information Technology,Security, Business and more
11. …Posts Also called articles – contain thecontent. They are dated and displayed inreverse chronological order ( most recentfirst).Comments Key distinguishing feature of blogs.Most blogs allow users to leave comments inresponse to individual posts.
12. …Permalinks It is a permanent link or URL to ablogspot. Allow bloggers and others to link tospecific posts, knowing the URL will not changeor become obsolete. Each post typically has its permalinkfollowing the post sometimes signified by theword permalink or the character “#”.
13. …Sidebar Can contain just about anything. It includes the picture of the author, an“about” section with some prose about the author or blog,contact information, a list of recent post by titles, linksto the main organization’s Web site, blogrolls,advertisements, archives, categories, and a searchfeature.Blogroll List of other blogs. A blogroll may be named Blogroll, Blogs I read,Blogs I Like, or something similar.
14. …Archives Older post are archives but easilyaccessible for users who want to take a look backat some of their favorite post, need to accessthem for research.Categories Allow organizing posts by content andeach post can belong to more than one category.
15. …Syndication It is designed to solve this problem: it allallows us to track more information in less time. There are two competing yet extremelysimilar formats for syndication, RSS (“rich sitesummary”) and ATOM.RSS (“rich site summary”) Really Simple Syndication. A method ofdescribing news or other Web content that isavailable for "feeding" (distribution or syndication)from an online publisher to Web users.
16. …ATOM Atom is a machine-readable XML-based web syndication format which allows usersto subscribe to blogs and other web contentsubject to frequent change. This XML file maybe called an Atom feed, webfeed, Atom streamor Atom channel.
17. HOW THIS WEBTECHNOLOGY HELP THELIBRARY AND INFORMATIONCENTERS AND USERS.
18. Blogs are continuously-updated websites,created by individuals or organizations. Theyare generally free. A library can use blogsto promote its products and services bymaking it appealing and informative. Specialalerts about new resources special servicescan be included in the blog entries. To getfeedback, comments and suggestions can beinvited from visitors.