1. I’ve HeardGreat ThingsAbout YouA non-douchey guide to personal branding & self- promotion Jason Shen firstname.lastname@example.org
2. About Me Biology GymnasticsBS 2008, Coterm 09 2009 NCAA ChampsEthics in Society Honors Thesis
3. About Me Blog StartupThe Art of Ass-Kicking Ridejoy (YC S11)
4. “Either write something worth reading or dosomething worth writing.” - Ben Franklin
5. Traditional Branding / MarketingUnderstand Create a Communicate what remarkable your value at people product scale want
6. Personal Branding / Self Promotion Understand Become a Communicate what remarkable your value at people person scale want
7. Your personal brandis a tool to help you achieve your goals
8. 7 Ideas
9. Work on1 interesting projects
10. 2 Work with great people
11. 3 Discover your mission
12. 4 Give freely
13. 5 Be a people hub
14. Build a6 distribution platform
15. 7 Present well
16. 1. Who are you?2. Where did you come from?3. How can you help me?4. Why should I trust you?5. How do you make me feel?
17. Question Break
18. Why does thisstuff matter?
19. Case Study Amit Gupta
21. GreatWebsite! Quality headshot Shows personality External validation Learn more One line bio Has a mission! Cool projects + great people Accessible
22. Why are theydoing this?
23. But... there is adownside to being agreat self promoter
24. Given the platform and reach he soclearly has, is he grateful andhumbled for his ability to seek helpon such a massive scale, that manydying people will never have?Doesnt sound like it.He wants life, but it doesnt soundlike he has much respect for it. Itsvery "me me me." - Internet Troll
25. “Either write something worth reading or dosomething worth writing.” - Ben Franklin