4. Tell me the colors you can see
Black and white
5. Mondrian was the artist who made
6. Piet Mondrian
• He was a Dutch painter.
• He was an important contributor to the De
Stijl art movement
• This movement used only primary colors
and black & white and visual compositions
with vertical and horizontal lines.
7. Primary colors
8. Mondrian influence
• Mondrian was the father of geometric
• Now you can see his style in a lot of modern
11. Now is your turn
• First draw your lines on the paper using
– Divide your paper up by drawing six horizontal
lines from one end of the paper to the other
– Next draw four vertical lines |||| again, make
sure your lines go from one end of your paper
to the other.
12. • When your lines have been drawn, use
either black paint or a black marker to
darken them up. Make some lines thick
and some lines thin.
• Now you should have a grid with lots of
13. • Choose just a few spaces to fill in with
the primary colors - red, yellow and blue
• Don't overdo the color ... leave a lot of