Transcript of "Guidelines 20for-20students-20applying-20new-20passport-130620013039-phpapp01"
MBA – NIT Warangal
Latest guidelines for students applying new passport
Visit the PSK (Passport Seva Kendra)at the given time
Make an online payment and schedule appointment
Gather all the required documents (originals must)
Again visit the PSK (Passport Service Kendra)
If any problem / documents incorrect, reschedule the
appointment (2 times pemitted within a year)
Document Code Document(s)
7001 Proof Of Present Address
List of Acceptable Documents
7002 Proof Of Date Of Birth
List of Acceptable Documents
Documentary proof for any one of the Non-ECR
(previously ECNR) categories.Documents Required for
Student Identity Card issued by Government
Recognized Educational Institutions, in respect of
full time courses
Bonafide Letter from authorized signatory of
college (On official letter head of UGC recognized
A) Proof of Address
Proof of Address
You are required to submit the following document
1 Water Bill
2 Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
3 Electricity bill
One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook of running
bank account (Scheduled Commercial bank excluding Regional
Rural banks and local area banks)
5 Income Tax Assessment Order
6 Election Commission Photo ID card
7 Proof of Gas Connection
8 Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family
details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the
address mentioned in the spouses passport)
10 Applicant's current and valid ration card
11 Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
12 Aadhaar Card
Note (For Document No. 1, 2, and 3) : Atleast 2 bills are required - One bill should of be of last year and the
other bill of current year.
Note (For Document No. 8) : Only public limited companies can give address proof on company letter head
along with seal. Computerised print-outs shall not be entertained.
Note (For Document No. 10) : If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of address, it should be
accompanied by one more proof of address out of the given categories.
B)Proof of Date of Birth (For those who are born after 26/01/1989)
Proof of Date of Birth (DOB)
You are required to submit the following document
Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or any office
authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of
Births & Deaths
C) Non – ECR
Certificate) / Professional Degree Certificate
D) Student ID card
E) Bonafide Certficate from the College
F) Letter from the Hostel Warden stating your room no. (for students staying
1) All original documents must be shown for verification.
2) To get appointment for PSK (passport Seva Kendras), online payment of
passport fees must be done.
3) Two sets of self-attested Xerox copies must be given.
4) Passport fees once paid is non – refundable.
5) Walk-in with ARN is available for special cases like senior citizens, medical
emergencies, children below 5 years, etc.
6) Appointment can be re-scheduled twice a year (free of cost. (i.e.) for the
fees initially paid).Beyond that, it cannot be re-scheduled. Once again the
passport fees has to be paid.
8) For Govt / PSU employees: Address Proof, Birth Certificate( Born after
1989) or Affidavit (Born before 1989), NOC / letter from employer is enough
(only 3 documents are required)
Online Appointment Booking Process:
1 of 9
New Process for Online Appointment Booking
The process for booking PSK appointments through Passport Seva Online Portal has undergone a few changes. As per
the new process, appointment date/time will be automatically allotted by the system as per the availability of appointment
slots at the desired PSK.
Prior payment of passport service fee will be mandatory for booking appointments at PSKs. For this purpose, the Online
Payment feature has been introduced through the Passport Seva Online Portal www.passportindia.gov.in. The Online
Payment functionality will be deployed in phased manner starting with the Dehradun Passport Office.
An applicant will be able to cancel/reschedule the appointment only twice within one year of first appointment date.
System will not allow booking of online appointment for that ARN once two reschedule options are exercised or first
appointment was scheduled more than one year ago.
These changes will be effective from 01-Jun-2013.
2. Appointment Booking Process for PSKs where Online Payment is NOT Mandatory
1. Generate an ARN online for the desired passport service.
2. Select the ARN and click the Schedule Appointment link.
3. Select the Appointment Quota (required only in case of Tatkaal ARNs), and click the Next button.
4. Select PSK location whose appointment is sought, enter Captcha characters displayed, and click the Next
2 of 9
5. System will display the next available appointment date for the selected PSK. Click the Book Appointment
button to book an appointment.
Note: In case appointments are not currently available for the desired PSK/Appointment Quota, system will
display the message ‘Currently no appointment is available for the selected Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
Please try scheduling an appointment from <next availability date/time> onwards. ‘.
6. An appointment slot will be automatically booked by the system for the ARN, and the same will be displayed
7. Click Print Application Receipt to take a printout of Appointment Receipt and carry it along with the required
documents while visiting the PSK on the appointed date and time.
3 of 9
3. Process for PSKs where Online Payment is Mandatory for Appointment Booking
Prior payment of applicable passport service fee has been made mandatory for booking appointments in Passport Seva
Kendras of a few Passport Offices. For this purpose, the Online Payment feature has been introduced. The Online
Payment functionality will be deployed in an RPO-wise phased manner.
Online payment for Passport or related service fee can be done using one of the following payment modes:
o Internet Banking (through SBI and associate bank accounts only)
o Debit Card (Visa and MasterCard only)
o Credit Card (Visa and MasterCard only)
Challan Payment Mode: Bank Challan (payable at SBI branches in India only)
3.1. Internet Banking
Applicant needs to perform the following steps for payment through the Internet Banking payment mode:
1. Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal and create the User Id.
2. Login with the registered User Id.
3. Click the Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport link under the Services section.
4. Generate an ARN under the Normal or Tatkaal scheme either by filling the form Online or by uploading an e-
5. Attempt to schedule an appointment by clicking the Schedule Appointment link on the View Saved/Submitted
6. Select the ‘Appointment Quota’ (Normal/Tatkaal). This option is available only to the applicants with Tatkaal ARNs.
7. Select the preferred PSK for appointment booking.
8. System will display the next available appointment date for the selected PSK. After verifying the details, click the
Pay and Book Appointment button to redirect to the SBI’s Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) website. The
MOPS screen will be displayed only when appointment is released for the selected PSK under the desired
4 of 9
9. Select NET BANKING as the preferred mode of payment by selecting SBI or any other SBI associate bank listed
in the menu. Login using the Internet Banking User Id and password to make Online Payment of indicated
passport service fee.
10. Login through the Internet Banking screen to make Online Payment of indicated passport service fee.
11. After successful payment, applicant is redirected to the Passport Seva Online Portal.
12. The Appointment Confirmation screen is displayed along with appointment details.
13. Click the Print Application Receipt button to print the Appointment Receipt, which contains details of the
payment made along with the Payment Reference Number as proof of payment.
3.2. Credit/Debit Card
Applicant needs to perform the following steps for payment through the Credit/Debit Card payment mode:
1. Follow Steps 1-8 of Section 3.1 Internet Banking to redirect to the SBI’s MOPS website. The MOPS screen will be
displayed only when appointment is released for the selected PSK under the desired appointment quota.
2. Select CARD PAYMENTS as the preferred mode of payment by selecting the desired Debit or Credit Card
payment option listed in the menu. Login using the Internet Banking User Id and password to make Online
Payment of indicated passport service fee.
5 of 9
3. Applicant will need to provide necessary card details as per the following self-explanatory screens.
4. After successful payment, applicant is redirected to the Passport Seva Online Portal.
5. Appointment Confirmation screen is displayed along with appointment details.
3.3. Challan Payment
Citizens applying for various passport services (Fresh Issuance/Reissue of Passports/IC/PCC) Online through the
Passport Seva Online Portal have an option of making respective application fee payments at SBI branches through a
system generated Challan. Applicants need to take a printout of the system generated Challan and submit it at a nearby
SBI branch along with the indicated application fee in cash. Payment will be reflected after at least two working days of
depositing the fee in the SBI branch. Applicants can try booking PSK appointments once the Payment Status is displayed
as ‘Success’ in the system.
Applicant needs to perform the following steps for payment through the Challan payment mode:
1. Follow Steps 1-4 of Section 3.1 Internet Banking to redirect to navigate to the View Saved/Submitted Applications
6 of 9
2. Click the Pay using Challan link to navigate display the Make Payment screen.
3. Click the Generate Challan button to generate an SBI Bank Challan.
7 of 9
4. Take a printout of this Challan and deposit the same along with the indicated amount (in cash) at any of the SBI
branch during banking hours. On deposition, SBI official will enter the fee payment details in the system. The
Transaction ID (Bank Journal Number) will be generated and noted in both copies of the Challan. One copy will
be kept by the bank and the other copy, duly stamped and signed by bank official, will be returned to the
applicant. The ARN details printed on the Challan will be validated by SBI and Payment Status will accordingly be
updated in the Passport Seva system after at least two working days.
5. The reconciliation process updates Passport Seva Online Portal regarding Payment Status of the Challan.
Applicant will be notified by an e-mail regarding the actualisation of the Challan.
6. Applicant can also track the status of the Challan using the Track Payment Status screen.
8 of 9
7. Once the Payment Status is confirmed as ‘Success’, an e-mail will be sent to the applicant (if e-mail ID has been
provided while filling application form) to book a PSK appointment. Applicant needs to navigate to the View
Saved/Submitted Applications screen and click the Schedule Appointment link to schedule an appointment.
8. Select the ‘Appointment Quota’ (Normal/Tatkaal). This option is available only to the applicants with Tatkaal
9. Select the preferred PSK for appointment booking.
10. Click the Book Appointment button. An Appointment Slot (if available) is booked automatically for the selected
PSK. Appointment confirmation screen with appointment details is displayed.
4. Cancel/Reschedule Appointment
Applicant needs to perform the following steps for cancelling or rescheduling a booked appointment:
1. Click the Schedule Appointment link on the View Saved/Submitted Applications screen.
2. Click the Reschedule Appointment/Cancel Appointment button. A confirmation message displaying the count
of reschedule/cancel attempts left is shown.
9 of 9
3. In case of rescheduling the appointment, select the preferred PSK and click the Next button.
4. After checking the available appointment date displayed for the PSK, click the Book Appointment button. An
appointment (if available) is booked automatically for the selected PSK and previously booked appointment for
the ARN is automatically cancelled.
5. The Appointment Confirmation screen is displayed with the Print Application Receipt button to print the