View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Mechanical- a/c, Fire Fighting
Water supply and sanitations
lifts, escalators, conveyors
• There are 15 fire extinguishers in ground floor.
i. Two in store room(in packing room and
other in raw material room).
ii. One near the main entrance.
iii. One in office cabin (HR room).
iv. One near the staircase.
v. Rest of them were located along the wall in
working space at regular intervals.
• There are 6 emergency exits in ground floor.
• There are fire extinguishers and fire alarms
installed near each emergency exit.
• The emergency exit circulation is shown in the
• There are two air conditioners installed in
conference room as it is a closed hall which
requires some privacy.
• There are lights above each working counter as the
intensity of natural lighting is not sufficient for the
workers to carry out their work comfortably.
• There are emergency lights on the emergency exit way.
• Since the factory is located in outskirts of city(near hilly
region), it experiences quite a good amount of cool
breeze, thereby reducing the demand of artificial
• There are two air conditioners installed in conference
room as it is a closed hall which requires some privacy.
• Keeping in view the safety of the workers, no
running wires were placed carelessly.
• For every lane of work counters separate
wiring system(well laid in insulated metal
pipes) is provided.
• Hence reducing the probability of any
• There are 4 power units on ground floor and 3
on first floor.
• In first floor
o For each row of work counter there are
separate circuit breakers.
o Three on left were connected to one junction
and the rest three on right were connected to
junction on right.
o All sewing machines worked on electricity and
hence each work counter had individual
WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION
• There were three separate toilet chambers in
the ground floor, differentiated as staff
toilet, ladies toilet and gents toilet.
• Whereas on the first floor, the factory had a
separate toilet complex consisting of ladies
and gents toilet.
• A central water tank is situated near the first
floor toilet complex. So the water supply to
the toilets is carried out directly from the tank.
• There are two staircases for vertical
• One in front which is near by the
• Second is at the rear end (12’ x 10’).
• This staircase is through the store room
leading to tailors working space.
• There is no mechanical mode of vertical
• Considering a garment factory, the amount of
organic waste is in quite a good amount.
• On enquiring about the waste disposal, we
inferred that the waste is been sold to some
• No other waste is produced as such.